Burris Veracity MADD Zero Stop Issue

Tumbleweed

Hey guys, just picked up a 3-15 Veracity with the new MADD turret system on it. I thought I did enough homework on it first, particularly on the zero stop and turret system.
So...I found out that their zero stop system works off of a pin in track set up. This means I can only get one turn of the turret and that same pin that sets my zero stop also stops me from multiple revolutions.

I called Burris about it as I know there is a tactical uncapped turret available. I thought maybe this used a different design of zero stop..nope. It would appear that I'm limited to one turn of the turret if I keep the factory designed zero stop.
I either need to send the scope back or find a way around this. Has anyone modified these yet to allow multiple revs but still have a zero stop? I could cut the pin off with a dremel to allow multiple turns but one of the reasons I bought this scope was due to it's zero stop.

This is exactly why I didn't buy a Veracity. The MAD system on their website says there is a tall multi-turn turret available but when I called Burris CS they told me that the website was wrong and all MAD knobs were only single turn. I figured I'd hold off on buying one until I could confirm via first hand experience whether true multi turn turrets were available.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

This is exactly why I didn't buy a Veracity. The MAD system on their website says there is a tall multi-turn turret available but when I called Burris CS they told me that the website was wrong and all MAD knobs were only single turn. I figured I'd hold off on buying one until I could confirm via first hand experience whether true multi turn turrets were available.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Gee thanks! LOL! Wish I'd have known that too. I bought it from Cabelas so if I need to return it there should be no problem.

You said you figured out the zero stop? Did you have to modify it to allow for multiple revolutions?

I misread the instruction when I first set it up. With 20 MOA rail and getting ~57 MOA total elevation. No modification required, one rotation is 15 MOA.

Unless it has changed, when the Veracity 1st came out only the 4-20 and 5-25 are the only ones with ZS.

The Veracity 4-20X and 5-25X scopes have a zero stop. The lower mag models do not.

I misread the instruction when I first set it up. With 20 MOA rail and getting ~57 MOA total elevation. No modification required, one rotation is 15 MOA.

Unless it has changed, when the Veracity 1st came out only the 4-20 and 5-25 are the only ones with ZS.

It's definitely got a zero stop and multi rotation stop. This really bums me out. Part of what excited me about it was the zero stop. I thought maybe I could shorten the stop pin enough to allow a zero stop but enough clearance to travel over the top of the stop once cranked up to its 23.5 Moa where it would normally stop. Nope, that will not work as one upward turn produces very minimal lift of the turret cap. It's a 25 Moa turret but due to the zero stop design will only go to 23.5 Moa. Don't know whether to pull the pin out and eliminate the zero stop or send it back!

It's definitely got a zero stop and multi rotation stop. This really bums me out. Part of what excited me about it was the zero stop. I thought maybe I could shorten the stop pin enough to allow a zero stop but enough clearance to travel over the top of the stop once cranked up to its 23.5 Moa where it would normally stop. Nope, that will not work as one upward turn produces very minimal lift of the turret cap. It's a 25 Moa turret but due to the zero stop design will only go to 23.5 Moa. Don't know whether to pull the pin out and eliminate the zero stop or send it back!

Just for clarification, after setting the ZS with 20 MOA, I have ~57 MOA of up adjustment with multi-rotation with 15 MOA per rotation.

IIWY, if it's not what you thought it was or led to believe, send it back and get what you truly wanted/needed.

Last edited:
You may consider the Burris XTR II. I am using the XTR II 4x20, with the XTR signature rings and the inserts. With a 20 moa rail, and the inserts, there are multiple options for getting the most moa. And the XTR II has multiple revolutions with the zero stop. So far I have been very pleased with the XTR II and the rings.

You may consider the Burris XTR II. I am using the XTR II 4x20, with the XTR signature rings and the inserts. With a 20 moa rail, and the inserts, there are multiple options for getting the most moa. And the XTR II has multiple revolutions with the zero stop. So far I have been very pleased with the XTR II and the rings.

I'm with you on the XTRII. However the rifle it's going on doesn't require such an investment and really isn't an option when money is tight. Now...I will be putting the scope you mentioned on my full custom 300 RUM in the next six months when I get a couple things sold.

Man I wish I had read this thread last year when I bought my Veracity

I too am up **** creek with this whole zerostop. I'm going to try to modify my current exposed turret with a dremel, and am Ordering a second turret as backup encase I bugger up the first.

Burris CS is seriously unhelpful on this issue, Their suggestion was to buy an XTR... (FU you if you think I'm going to drop another $1000 with you after this ****), and their marketing team should be taken out back and shot for not updating their site to reflect the fact that this scope is limited at one rotation of 23.5-24 MOA.

Man I wish I had read this thread last year when I bought my Veracity

I too am up **** creek with this whole zerostop. I'm going to try to modify my current exposed turret with a dremel, and am Ordering a second turret as backup encase I bugger up the first.

Burris CS is seriously unhelpful on this issue, Their suggestion was to buy an XTR... (FU you if you think I'm going to drop another $1000 with you after this ****), and their marketing team should be taken out back and shot for not updating their site to reflect the fact that this scope is limited at one rotation of 23.5-24 MOA.

Here's what I did...piece of cake. I took the turret off and used a worn down dremel cut off wheel to sneak in there and carefully cut the pin off flush. You will not pull that pin out, I tried. Now your zero stop is essentially the very bottom of your overall scope travel.
Zero the rifle and turn down the turret until it stops while keeping track of your MOA travel. These are an awesome scope, I've maxed mine out and held bottom of reticle to shoot 2100 yards.

Yup that's my plan. guessing 7/8th cutoff wheel will fit.

Tried pulling the pin and your correct, will not come out.

Agree'd that it's an amazing scope, It feels like burris gimped it on purpose just to push the xtr line of scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts