Burris Signature Zee Rings - 10 MOA or 20 MOA?

rangerman

I am preparing to mount a new Sightron scope to my Ken Farrel base using the high burris signature zee rings. Will I gain 10 MOA or 20 MOA using the included offset ring inserts? I plan to use the +10 insert on the bottom of the rear ring and the other +10 insert in the top of the forward ring. Thanks for your help.

The inserts are designed to be used in sets. If you put a +10 in the bottom rear you'll need a -10 in the top rear, that and zeros in the front will get you about 10 moa.

Add a +10 in the top front and -10 in the bottom front will get you an additional 10 moa for a total of 20 moa.

Now keep in mind the inserts are in thousandths not MOA so depending on rings spacing the actual amount may vary a bit but it will generally be within a couple of moa. Most of mine have come up a little short, but not enough to matter.

Chris

The inserts are designed to be used in sets. If you put a +10 in the bottom rear you'll need a -10 in the top rear, that and zeros in the front will get you about 10 moa.

Add a +10 in the top front and -10 in the bottom front will get you an additional 10 moa for a total of 20 moa.

Now keep in mind the inserts are in thousandths not MOA so depending on rings spacing the actual amount may vary a bit but it will generally be within a couple of moa. Most of mine have come up a little short, but not enough to matter.

Chris

Correct. Sometimes you don't get two sets of +- 10 inserts so you will need to buy the extra kit if you need the 20MOA

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.