Burris Eliminator III best game scope on the market?

Gotcha.

I don't think very well I guess when it comes to atmospheric changes. I hunt from 2,500 feet to 11,000 feet in all kinds of weather. From 500 yards to a half mile those changes in zero are a big deal.

Maybe one gets used to it with some practice. Adding the atmospheric part would be big in my mind, at least for the LR guys.

Scot E.

I just got off the phone with game warden Brett Logan and he did clarify light projection that might have led to misinterpretation that was provided to me at the time. The invisible (to our eyes) beam that RFs uses is OK, in other words (his), if you stick your hand in front of the scope and you do not see light projected, you're OK.

The bottom-line, when in doubt, ask, double check, follow-up, etc ... with proper authorities ... end-user's has that ultimate responsibility.

Cheers!

Absolutely, I'm am certainly not saying to be confrontational and disrespectful to LE however this particular error has been rampant and easily defused by simply reading the letter of the law clearly put out by FWP, we see LE coming in and out from other areas where lit reticles are illegal and I've seen them try to enforce it but respectfully educating them does nothing but help them and us! I'm am very grateful for LE but by no means are they judge and jury nor are they immune to error.

Absolutely, I'm am certainly not saying to be confrontational and disrespectful to LE however this particular error has been rampant and easily defused by simply reading the letter of the law clearly put out by FWP, we see LE coming in and out from other areas where lit reticles are illegal and I've seen them try to enforce it but respectfully educating them does nothing but help them and us! I'm am very grateful for LE but by no means are they judge and jury nor are they immune to error.

I agree! However, it should be them that should be educating us; looks like internal training is in order for some as you noted.

funny, I just came to this section to post this info and see there's a thread already going on--

I know there is/has been a lot of misinformation going around about scopes that have illuminated reticles being illegal, but I've called FWP about that specifically, and illuminated reticles are totally legal. And in fact, I just got off the phone with enforcement at FWP HQ, and he said that rangefinding riflescopes are perfectly legal. The only thing they're concerned with are lasers such as the Viridian or Crimson Trace that actually project a VISIBLE dot on the target. Invisible lasers are perfectly fine to use.

Source: Ron in Enforcement division of FWP.

Gotcha.

I don't think very well I guess when it comes to atmospheric changes. I hunt from 2,500 feet to 11,000 feet in all kinds of weather. From 500 yards to a half mile those changes in zero are a big deal.

Maybe one gets used to it with some practice. Adding the atmospheric part would be big in my mind, at least for the LR guys.

Scot E.
Same as keeping atmospherics updated in an app. Just something you have to be aware of. I have missed more due to atmospherics than the wind. Where I hunt you don't forget the wind, our wind speed average is 19 MPH year round.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.