bullets

Nighthawk

I question the point of bring this up, but when I read all the posts regarding LRBTs poor accuracy and the Matchkings being perfect for every thing it seams I find myself asking... What makes an accurate bullet? I know that Sierra's, etc are all very good, but what is the difference between them and solids, if that is a good way of putting it. Could someone help me on this? I mainly ask this question because a couple of you know that I have designed some very large cartridges so I can start a company in the future and I had wanted to make my own bullets and I'm puzzled by this.
confused.gif
frown.gif

[ 10-17-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

I guess the simple answer is design and testing, testing, testing. I have found that Sierra shoots a lot of their bullets and this is obvious when you fire them head to head with custom bullets from the smaller companies. One match shooter put, "Anything it the green box shoots".
grin.gif

db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.