bullets

rifles11

i took apart a 280 round it weighs approximatley 154 grains, has a red tip and two canalures around it, cant find it, i saw a perfect pic of it on hornady, but ive looked at every thing they carry and none have 2 rings around them, let me know thanks trying to replicate a load, from a rifle i bought

It would have to be the 154 SST but they only have one cannelure?? Odd that it has two.

It would have to be the 154 SST but they only have one cannelure?? Odd that it has two.
i think your right i saw pic of 2 canalures on horhady site but when u pull up bullet it just shows one and the new sst is 1.39 long and the one im asking about is 1.42 long, thanks for your reply

Hornday doesn't sell all of their bullet they use in factory rounds to the public for reloading. Not saying thats the case for sure but could be if the round you have is factory loaded.

Hornday doesn't sell all of their bullet they use in factory rounds to the public for reloading. Not saying thats the case for sure but could be if the round you have is factory loaded.
yes it was factory loaded, thanks that clears it up, i will quit lookin for that bullet, and try something close

Possible Hornady uses a different bullet (cannelures) in their factory loaded ammo, than the ones they sell for reloading. That way they can tell the difference if a problem arises with their factory loads. Weatherby was loading Nosler Partitions in their factory ammo, and those Noslers had cannelures. When I bought some Noslers to reload, they did not have cannelures. I called Nosler about the lack of cannelure, and I was told they only sell the partitions with cannelures to Weatherby for their factory loading. This was about 6 years ago, and it was the 210 Partition in the .340 Wby Magnum. No telling what they're (Nosler or Weatherby) doing now.

Recent Posts