Bullets for 270 wsm, 280ai and 6.5 prc

Blacktail

I have a 280ai currently shooting 143HHs to 3180 sports a 26" benchmark carbon 1:8 barrel. So far really accurate and have been great on 2 antelopes one at 400 other at 250 and a mule deer at 70 but looking to maybe make this more of my longer range gun for elk deer so thinking about going to a bigger bullet maybe a 168 VLD, 162 eldx or 168 ALBR which I have 0 experience with any of these three. Then have a 6.5 prc or ss built as a lightweight backpack rifle and not sure if worth it as my 280 scoped is 8.2 lbs just getting tired of backpacking with a 26" barrel also picked up a 270 wsm for my 12 year old son so trying to figure out which way to go with that rifle as its a tikka so has a 1:10 for him I would like to keep recoil down as much as possible as hes a skinny little dude having a brake put on it now. Other problem is will need to find a lead free option for him to cause of this commi state we live in going all lead free. I am sure this has been discussed shots on all the rifles will range from 60 to 800 thnx

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts