Bullet weights and similar charges

Need to remember, bullet construction can and will affect pressures. I'm going out on a limb, here, as I'm certainly no hand loading guru. Yet it makes sense when you think about it. Awhile back, I was loading for a big 338. I had developed a decent load using 338 Berger Elite Hunter, and ran out. Substuting a Hybrid OTM Tactical, the only change I made, caused the pet Load to to turn into a Turd load. Why? Thicker jacket. Same basic weight, shape, and BC. Yet, shot to shot velocity was all over the map.
So, no, in answer to your question as I understood it, your pet loads will change with a bullet change. Try it anyway, maybe I'm wrong, and post back here with the results. I'm always looking for education.

Need to remember, bullet construction can and will affect pressures. I'm going out on a limb, here, as I'm certainly no hand loading guru. Yet it makes sense when you think about it. Awhile back, I was loading for a big 338. I had developed a decent load using 338 Berger Elite Hunter, and ran out. Substuting a Hybrid OTM Tactical, the only change I made, caused the pet Load to to turn into a Turd load. Why? Thicker jacket. Same basic weight, shape, and BC. Yet, shot to shot velocity was all over the map.
So, no, in answer to your question as I understood it, your pet loads will change with a bullet change. Try it anyway, maybe I'm wrong, and post back here with the results. I'm always looking for education.
Great point. I do always measure new bullet models for CBTO on every new load, and I do start lower in powder charges.

My curiosity is probably more on barrel harmonics and MV. For instance, I have a good load for 280 AI with 162 gr SST, .316 moa, ES of 20, SD at 6.3. I'm beginning load development (waiting for Nosler brass) for 162 gr ELDX.

I'll probably start a few tenths below with the same powder, but I'm guessing when I get to a similar MV, the ELDX will show decent accuracy. Maybe not the best, not what I'll end up with for a final load, but I imagine I'll be in the neighborhood. The CBTO difference between the two bullets is only .004", but the COAL difference is .040".

It'll be interesting, to find out.
Hand loading is prolly the weirdest thing I've ever done. The more I do it, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I find I NEED to learn. Leading to the more I find I have no idea about!
For instance, how in the world does one go about loading ammunition for a given cartridge for which there is little to no data published ? Lighter bullets, different powders, etc? Sometimes it makes my head hurt!

It'll be interesting, to find out.
Hand loading is prolly the weirdest thing I've ever done. The more I do it, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I find I NEED to learn. Leading to the more I find I have no idea about!
For instance, how in the world does one go about loading ammunition for a given cartridge for which there is little to no data published ? Lighter bullets, different powders, etc? Sometimes it makes my head hurt!
I'm just glad I handload for hunting, and not for competition. I get a hunting load into the low .400's or better, I'm usually good. The hand loading guys that are competition bench shooters, I don't know if they're ever good.

Spending thousands chasing fractions, diminishing returns.