Bryan Litz

timmyatnop

Bryan there are a couple of spots in the shooter program where It wants info about angles.one spot is look angle and the other one is move angle. If I buy a lica 1600 would I just into this degree or angle into the space where it says look angle? . Also sorry for the dumb question what do I put in where it says move angle? Thanks Bryan for all the help with bullet BC lately.

Did you try reading the directions?

Distance - Enter the distance to your target or if you plan to get a table output, just put it whatever distance you want to calculate out to. You can touch the "Calc" button to the right of this input to bring up a dialog to estimate the distance to your target by entering the target's actual size and the size of the target as measured in your reticle.
Look Angle - This is the angle to the target from the perspective of your bore. If you're shooting 30deg up-hill, you'd put 30 here. If you're shooting 30deg down-hill, you'd put -30. If the target is straight in front of you, this would be set to 0. You can touch the "Get" button next to this input which will bring up a dialog that allows you to accurately measure your look angle using your device (note: this requires that your device has an Accelerometer). It's pretty straightforward to see how this measurement works. If you hold your device in one hand in the natural way and then rotate the device downward and upward by moving only your wrist, you'll see the reading get higher as you rotate the top of the device upward and lower and into negative values as you rotate the top of the device downward. The most accurate way to measure Look Angle using this tool is to:
  1. Place the device right on top of your barrel (obviously, make sure you're barrel isn't very hot).
  2. Get your rifle situated and in-line with your target.
  3. Touch the "Start Timer" button and after 5 seconds, it will automatically take a snapshot of the reading, close the dialog, and populate the Look Angle field with the read value. If you prefer, you can just touch the "Hold" button rather than "Start Timer" to grab the currently read value immediately.
Lead Speed - This is the speed your target is travelling.
Lead Angle - The angle of the target's direction with the line of sight. A 90deg angle is a target moving perpendicular to the line of sight.

I couldn't. Find directs with the program but I took your advice and found them on line, thanks sometimes I guess the simplistic route is the best. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.