Browns precision stock

xander0791

Hey gents I recently bought a 300 win mag rem 700 had a cool camo pattern stock with a "lumpy" stock textured really .. well the recoil pad needed love so I fit it well the the paint chipped off and I noticed it was a Kevlar stock semi bedded all type can any of you tell me there isn't a maker mark that I remember seeing
20221204_082518.jpg
20221204_082535.jpg

I don't know the history of them all that much but have an old school pounder and have learned enough from the school of hard knocks composites to give some guesses.

Guessing it's closer to an mpi than a wildcat in composition, seems a bit better layup forethought than the bansners I've seen. All use traditional or at least late 80s through early 90s tech and materials. They made solid serviceable stocks on the lighter side, but my humble opinion is the new tech ag and similar are probably better from a mfg perspective.

Mine is several layers of kevlar (booger yellow stuff) with some kind of core that was probably a proprietary mix of materials, appears denser in action inlet that buttstock. It was called the 'pounder but I think that's sans buttstock and bedding. Mine is 23 oz with pad recoil lug bedding and the same base grey as you see on yours. Mine was bought second hand on the cheap, it's been used hard and keeps plugging along. Keep meaning to re finish it, but I've no idea what the made these things out of. Most likely whatever the composite dealer near them said was all the new hotness....

I like the shape of it, fits well. They were very expensive stocks back in the day, I've been happy with mine.

Hey gents I recently bought a 300 win mag rem 700 had a cool camo pattern stock with a "lumpy" stock textured really .. well the recoil pad needed love so I fit it well the the paint chipped off and I noticed it was a Kevlar stock semi bedded all type can any of you tell me there isn't a maker mark that I remember seeing View attachment 418245View attachment 418246
That's a Brown Precision stock. I have a couple of them and yes I'm sure. They're highly coveted by those in the know. Super rigid yet light in weight.

I agree with LDHunter. I consider it a second generation Brown Precision, but I could be wrong on that, I just know that some of the very early stocks were ultra-slender and didn't work for #4 contour barrels or larger. I have one of the super trim stocks on a 30-06AI. The fuller fore end models followed and I still have three of them, because they hold up to the recoil of 338 Win Mags and larger, without the added weight found in Bell & Carlson, or non-Edge fill McMillans. It's a great stock; you are blessed!

I agree with LDHunter. I consider it a second generation Brown Precision, but I could be wrong on that, I just know that some of the very early stocks were ultra-slender and didn't work for #4 contour barrels or larger. I have one of the super trim stocks on a 30-06AI. The fuller fore end models followed and I still have three of them, because they hold up to the recoil of 338 Win Mags and larger, without the added weight found in Bell & Carlson, or non-Edge fill McMillans. It's a great stock; you are blessed!
Well then do you think it would bring at least 100$ ? I won't need it I'm trying to fund another stock

Sell it for a hundred and the guy who buys it will think he died and went to heaven.
Well... It will require refinishing to look good and it's been bedded before so old bedding will need to be removed and it will need to be rebedded so although it's a good deal it's not a super fantastic deal. Also most people don't want a stock from the early 90's because stock design has changed a lot since then.

It's a fixer upper.... It has "good bones" and is light and rigid but most people want something a lot more modern these days. I have a couple like it that came with rifles and happen to like them and am on a limited budget so that's why I'm trying to buy it.

Well... It will require refinishing to look good and it's been bedded before so old bedding will need to be removed and it will need to be rebedded so although it's a good deal it's not a super fantastic deal. Also most people don't want a stock from the early 90's because stock design has changed a lot since then.

It's a fixer upper.... It has "good bones" and is light and rigid but most people want something a lot more modern these days. I have a couple like it that came with rifles and happen to like them and am on a limited budget so that's why I'm trying to buy it.
It may be from the 90's but it's still a premium stock compared to what anyone makes today. It's a lot lighter than anything anyone makes today and is still very stiff.