Browning xbolt max long range 6.5prc

TheSandman

OK Guys/Gals; Help me out. I saw one on LGS and it's 26" fluted with brake and plastic stock and adjustable cheek. It's a nice short action and short rotary mag. 1n7 twist? Is that good? I have a Sauer s100 now but the Browning is more of what I want except for short mag. S100 is long action 1 n 8 but I haven't got it shooting to my expectations with 143eldx. Your thoughts please. I have gun for late doe in open fields to 500yds. Thanks

I have this rifle with the black and white speckled stock. It shoots great and stock is super nice. With my handloads 143gr eldx getting 3020fps .7moa 5 shot...some .4moa 3 shot when I do my part. Its light and good for 3 shots tight which is perfect for hunting. Only bad thing I can say about it...trigger, feather trigger, haha. 3.5lbs is low as it will go on mine factory. Trigger is very crisp but HEAVY not feather. However there are youtubes that show how to change spring or alter spring to make much better. I did the alter method and its 2.25lb I can live with that. But feather nah.

Attachments

• browning max resize.jpg
    browning max resize.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 80