Browning max long range

I bought one in 7 mm mag. I've tried all kinds of loads through it and was getting very discouraged. I put a different scope on it today and immediately the groups tightened up to about 3/4" @ 100 yards. I believe a little more load development and it will be a very good rifle. Very pleasant to shoot with the break and I love the adjustable cheek rest. I lowered the trigger to about 2lb 10oz.

Man don't you hate it when a new rifle starts out like that. Sounds promising Hope it tightens on up. I haven't bought one yet but still considering it

just wondering if anyone has had a chance to shoot one of these rifles yet
Following. I just purchased the Max Long Range Varmint/ Target in 28 Nosler this weekend. Ordered online from buds gun shop.

I handled a regular Max Long Range in 308 Win at Cabela's. Liked the fit and finish. Stock was huge upgrade from the plastic stock on the Hells canyons.

I find myself most intrigued by the 1:8 twist on the .300 rum option. A factory rifle in .300 rum that's capable of stabilizing the new 250 grain hornady a-tip (claimed g1 bc .87) sounds like a great idea! (Might even be able to match the ballistics of the 6.5 Creed :) )

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.