Browning X-bolt action screw torque specs

Maschriv

Trying to find out the torque specs on my action screws for my browning X-bolt long range hunter, with the carbon fiber dipped stock. Any info other than the wood stock specs or 65 inch pounds would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Most torque as I do to below that and see how it does,wood stock genral less by about ten.You will see print 35 for wood and on up for composite 55

I use 45 in/lbs on wood, 65 in/lbs on synthetic. Might not be perfect advice for your particular rifle, but it works on mine.

You'll just have to experiment to find out what works best for your gun.

When I took it apart I got 22" lbs on the rear screw, and 32" lbs on the front. There was some lock tite on the threads, which should increase in the way of a false reading. Gun was shooting a 1" group at 400 yards. Guess it's trial and error, not good since I have a friendly 550 yard shoot tomorrow.

It does not. I'll start at 40" lbs and go from there. Thank you for your time and information!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.