Browning or Savage

Bigiron300RUM

OK I have decided on one of these rifle price dosent matter I just want the most accurate of the 2.

Browning M-1000 Eclipse 300wsm or
Savage 12bvss 300wsm

both models have the heavy barrels and laminated stocks what would be the most accurate. I was also wondering if I should go with the BOSS on the browning I heard they shoot better with them please tell me what you think of both rifles I am right in the middle I wish I was leaning one way it would make it easier to choose.

don't have a lot of experiance with these two brands, but what I have heard is that the savage is the winner hands down in the accuracy dept.

I'm sure others will chime in..

This is a no brainer for sure. Savage all the way. Brownings are overpriced. I guarantee you the Savage will out shoot the Browning in 9 out of 10 guns.

save up for a browning

buy a savage

take the money you would have spent on a browning and buy a really good scope, if you cant see it you cant hit it

the only guy i know to have gotten REALLY good accuracy out of a browning is GoodGrouper, he must be a luck little sucker!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If your resources can support it, stay away from factory new guns and go find yourself a used remington 700 and then have it rebarrelled to the caliber of your choice. That gun will most likely out-shoot factory offerings you have mentioned.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.