Browning Dura Touch

jpbaker

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has a rifle with the Dura Touch coating on it.

I have heard some mixed reviews recently in regards to a peeling problem, and I have a new browning with digital camo dura touch, but now im wondering if I need to "baby" it like some locals are telling me.

Im a little concerned.

Let me know your experiences/reviews......

TKS
JPB

Last edited:
I have the x-bolt composite stalker... which according to Browning's site is the Dura-Touch Armor Coating.

I have not heard of or experienced any peeling. I've used and hunted with it for only 2 seasons now so it isn't exactly long term results. I have actually had to open up inside the fore-end of the stock a bit as the barrel does start touching when hot. But even around the edges where things were sanded I don't see any sign of peeling.

I will say that the coating feels exactly as advertised though. I spend most of my hunting time in a blind, but it wasn't until I was out creeping through the woods in a cold rain when I realized just how nice that coating felt. It doesn't get slippery at all and actually caught my attention how good it still DID feel.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.