Browning BOSS... What's your sweet spot?

Unofficial Gun Addict (UGA)

( this is a repost from the long range hunting and shooting thread I posted earlier... In hopes of catching a few reloaders using a BOSS)

For those of you who shoot a Browning Rifle using the BOSS system, what are your sweetspots, either for factory ammo, or home brewed? The Browning chart is rather anemic and I am hoping that we can provide a more extensive list here for users trying to find that magical setting for their BOSS.

ABOLT or BAR
Caliber
Ammo (if store bought)
Load workup if reloaded (powder, powder charge, bullet & weight, COAL, primers, case brand & velocity if you know)
Approx 100 group size. (Time to brag if you want to!)
---BOSS setting---

Any tips you have for tuning the boss are certainly welcome! What inspired me to make this post is that I just got a Browning Abolt 2 synthetic 300 wm and data is sort of hard to come by for the sweetspots that people have found work for them. Hoping to compile a list and get a sticky if we can get a big enough of a list.

Thanks!

Abolt
300 wm
168 berger VLD HUNTING
IMR4350
? Powder charge
? COAL
? Velocity
? Sweetspot

Will post my results once I get it dialed in!

( this is a repost from the long range hunting and shooting thread I posted earlier... In hopes of catching a few reloaders using a BOSS)

For those of you who shoot a Browning Rifle using the BOSS system, what are your sweetspots, either for factory ammo, or home brewed? The Browning chart is rather anemic and I am hoping that we can provide a more extensive list here for users trying to find that magical setting for their BOSS.

ABOLT or BAR
Caliber
Ammo (if store bought)
Load workup if reloaded (powder, powder charge, bullet & weight, COAL, primers, case brand & velocity if you know)
Approx 100 group size. (Time to brag if you want to!)
---BOSS setting---

Any tips you have for tuning the boss are certainly welcome! What inspired me to make this post is that I just got a Browning Abolt 2 synthetic 300 wm and data is sort of hard to come by for the sweetspots that people have found work for them. Hoping to compile a list and get a sticky if we can get a big enough of a list.

Thanks!

Abolt
300 wm
168 berger VLD HUNTING
IMR4350
? Powder charge
? COAL
? Velocity
? Sweetspot

Will post my results once I get it dialed in!

I set it on the sweet spot and move it from there to give me the best accuracy overall as I shoot the federal premium ammo 180gr at a setting of almost 9

What is the "Sweet Spot" setting for my BOSS equipped rifle? - Browning Questions and Answers

I set mine on ten on my 300win, loctited it, and forgot about it. I played with it with a couple of loads and it simply walked them around the paper doing little for accuracy. Not worth my time IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.