• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Browning 1885 45-70

tashabay716

Browning 1885 45-70 in like new condidtion. Gun has adjustable trigger, octagon barrel, swivel studs, recoil pad, iron sights, exposed hammer and beautiful wood. The scope that is currently mounted on the gun is a 3-9x compact leupold that cost over $320.00 with leupold mounts. This gun is extremely accurate. I killed 5 deer with this gun and the last kill was just under 200 yards. This gun qualifies as a "primitive weapon" for the Louisiana black powder season. I also have over 50+ rounds of custom 350 grain ammo that I will include with the gun for free on a face to face delivery for cash anywhere between Dallas and Shreveport-I cannot ship the ammo. Payment by USPS money order only or cash FTF.

Gun only $1,150.00 shipped
Gun and Scope $1,300.00 shipped

Attachments

• 1885gun.JPG
    1885gun.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 1885butt.JPG
    1885butt.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 1885butt2.JPG
    1885butt2.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 1885action.JPG
    1885action.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 20
Nice Rifle, at More than a Fair Price, I just sold two of them Unfired for 1350 ea.!

Terry

Thanks, I priced it well under all the similar guns on gunbroker to offer a forum member a good deal, but no sale yet. I also have dies, brass and over 300 bullets that I could also offer with the rifle.

the last one I sold, yesterday, the guy fired its first group, and he said he had some loads made up for a levergun he tried with it...His first group with that Browning at 100 meters, he said was .8XX.....something..wow..Under a minute of angle, and didn't even work up a load yet!!

Terry

The last time I shot mine off the bench at 100 yards all three shots were touching using my pet 350 grain Hornady Load. The only reason I purchased the gun was to be able to use it during the Louisiana "black powder" season. LA allows hunters to used exposed hammer old cartridge guns during black powder season. We are moving to Texas and Texas does not allow such weapons during black powder season, so I am selling this gun to buy a long range hunting gun.

That's a nice rifle. I had one once, I should never have traded it. Wish I had the cash for this one.

Is this rifle the BPCR with a Top Tang, or the Sporter without?

Thanks, Terry Harper

No top tang sight and no brutal metal butt plate. This one has a very nice recoil pad, which is why I purchased this model.

Adding accessories -no increase in price:

1. Appx 180 Hornady 45 cal 350gr FP interlock -3 unopend boxes,1 opened.
2. 100+ pieces of brass-not lapua-just shipping in lapua box
3. 1 MTM ammo box with brass.-no loaded ammo
4. 1 leather belt slide that hold 5 rounds of ammo
5. Lee reloading dies for 45-70
6. Lee factory crimp die for 45-70
7. New and unused Lee 45 cal bullet mold 340gr. in factory box with papers. model #457-340-F
8. New and unused Lee 45 cal bullet mold 405gr. in factory box with papers. model #457-405-F

Attachments

• J_45calaccessories.JPG
    J_45calaccessories.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 10

Recent Posts