Broken scope??

thork91

I have leupold vxr 3x9 I remounted on another gun and tried to sight in .My point of aim moves two inches left than four right, ,then up two , three down , then left I can't understand . I remounted two times. I just took off a gun that shoots constant MOA. The only thing I can think is when I first got it on paper I was using a lead sled, could the sled break the scope,so I used it to dial in cross hairs. HOW can I tell if the scope is bad??? Thanks

Sure sounds like a bad scope. I've had scopes be bad right out of the box. Call leupold and tel them what's going on, and they'll email you a shipping label. They'll get it fixed within a few weeks and you'll be good to go.

Sure sounds like a bad scope. I've had scopes be bad right out of the box. Call leupold and tel them what's going on, and they'll email you a shipping label. They'll get it fixed within a few weeks and you'll be good to go.

I never had to have Leupold repair a scope, but do they generally email you a shipping label and pay for shipping to their location?

From my experience with other manufacturers I have to pay for shipping to the repair center and then they will usually pay shipping back to me.

-- Todd

I never had to have Leupold repair a scope, but do they generally email you a shipping label and pay for shipping to their location?

From my experience with other manufacturers I have to pay for shipping to the repair center and then they will usually pay shipping back to me.

-- Todd

If it seems to be a manufactures defect then yes, they will email you a shipping label. You just have to explain the problem and ask for a shipping label

The scope I was referring to in my original post was a VX3 4.5-14x40. Bad right out of the box. I've had to send a VX6 back in twice. Always fixed up good as new and I don't spend a penny.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.