Broken ejector on Savage 111

On another note, do you know any other online gunshops other than Midwayusa and Brownells, because the ejector and spring are out-of-stock, and won't be delivered until january 2014.

I bought parts directly from Savage Arms, they are actually cheaper and got them quickly. Just go to the part finder section, you'll need your rifles' s/n.

I bought parts directly from Savage Arms, they are actually cheaper and got them quickly. Just go to the part finder section, you'll need your rifles' s/n.

Thanks for all your help. I ended up drilling the ejector, which weren't as hard as I had imagined. I was a little afraid of drilling to deep, but it turned out not to be a problem, since the ejector came loose, as soon as I got through the tip and into the "recess".
And the problem was a bust ejector-spring, as I suspected.

Now I just need to get the spareparts. I checked out Savage Arms' website, and you're right about the pricing. However I live in Greenland, so I'm currently awaiting their response, on whether or not it's possible to have it shipped to Greenland.

Again thanks for all your help.

Thanks for all your help. I ended up drilling the ejector, which weren't as hard as I had imagined. I was a little afraid of drilling to deep, but it turned out not to be a problem, since the ejector came loose, as soon as I got through the tip and into the "recess".
And the problem was a bust ejector-spring, as I suspected.

Now I just need to get the spareparts. I checked out Savage Arms' website, and you're right about the pricing. However I live in Greenland, so I'm currently awaiting their response, on whether or not it's possible to have it shipped to Greenland.

Again thanks for all your help.

Glad to hear you got it out and it's my pleasure to extend a helping hand like many LRH members here.

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.