Brass Prep for long range accuracy

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Steve Sheasly, Sep 11, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

LOL! I can't figure out why anyone still neck sizes.

lancetkenyon and L.Sherm like this.
  2. Orange Dust

Orange Dust Well-Known Member

After reading all the posts in this thread, im going to make a suggestion. Start shooting local matches if you do not already. I feel this is a truly necessary step if you want to be a great shot on game. Learning to perform under stress and pressure cannot be duplicated any other way i know of other than war. You hear things like "He's good at targets but cannot hit animals" not true. You will also hear at competitions " he got lucky" also untrue. He earned it. You will never win without 55 gal drums of spent primers and a great coach at national and world levels. Thinking you can will only lead to frustration, but what you can learn at a local level, and what it will do for your game shooting is priceless.

Barrelnut likes this.
  3. CHRIS ADDI

CHRIS ADDI Member

4. beaver hunter

beaver hunter Member

i like that suggestion , where would a guy find out where any of these matches are in the northeast ??

5. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

A lot of gun ranges have local matches. For some you have to be a member of the club/range.

6. Orange Dust

Orange Dust Well-Known Member

Most of them also have either a web page or a facebook page explaining what kinds of events they hold, the requirements and a calendar.