• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED brass 260 rem

airstream

I am logged onto midway and they only have remington brass and norma, is the price differance worth it. norma or rem

I have shot Rem brass since the .260 came out but had some problems, nothing major. If you are just starting out in the .260, go Norma or Nosler. There is no doubt in my mind they have better brass, especially when loaded several times. Both of them are more consistant all the way around. In the long run you will get your investment back.

Last edited:
thank you

what bullets are you using ? I have the gun ordered, now im going to get all my components gatered up.

I have been shooting a 260 for a couple of years. Shoot mostly Rem. brass, bought a 100 Nosler and I don't think it is worth the money. The first few Nosler loader with the same Rem. load blew the primers. The volume of the Nosler (water) is about 6/10s. less so I had to reduce the powder charge by .5 grains. Personally I think the Nosler is a little softer than the Remington. You could buy 200-250 Remington for the same price as 100 Nosler. I shoot 42.8gr. Vit.550 pushing Lapua 139s. at 2880-2900 fps in Rem. brass, nosler will only handle42.3gr. Those loads do have an effect on primer pockets so some brass get inlarged primer pockets, I have thrown away 10 Nosler after one firing but get 4-6 firings from the Remington. This is just my opinion. The gun is a 1998 LH factory Savage Taactical 24in. bbl 8 twist. BILL

The only problems I have had with 260 Rem brass is I split a heck after around (don't count) 5 or six loads. $28.00 a 100 at Bass-pro I can't bitch.

My smith told me Lapua is coming out with 260 brass. Only reason I am up to date is mine will be done in less than a month. 1 in 8 twist should get you to stablize a 140.

wrongside, does the better brass give you a better extreme spread?

Brent

Last edited:
I know some of my brass has been loaded 4,5,6 times, never had a neck split. I have only had primer pockets enlarge. I have not seen any difference in the spread. I just started shooting the Nosler and haven't had a chance to run them through the cronograph.