Bought Ammo... Flame away on me....

Headed to the range in the morning. We shall see......

I got 5 boxes of Norma for the price of the first two boxes of Hornady.

Attachments

• 081CC1E6-469A-42B6-9520-0FD25EDD0CB8.jpeg
    081CC1E6-469A-42B6-9520-0FD25EDD0CB8.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 9
When I called Mile High Shooting (who does have 300PRC in stock at $80/box for Precision Hunter, and 6.5 Creedmoor in Match and Precision Hunter) they told me they have over 12,000 boxes of 6.5 PRC on order. You can get on their mailing list to receive an email as soon as some comes in, but I have been on it for 3-4 months now.

I was lucky enough to find 10 boxes at Sportsman's a couple of months ago and with Military Discount they were right at $50 a box.

Found it and bought it.... 'cause I'm fed up, looking at the gun in the safe with no ammo.

Hornady 6.5 PRC 147 grain ELD MATCH

I know I deserved to be flamed.... so flame away....

I paid $6.25 a round.

Way less than what I have to pay for .375 & .408 CT.

Found it and bought it.... 'cause I'm fed up, looking at the gun in the safe with no ammo.

Hornady 6.5 PRC 147 grain ELD MATCH

I know I deserved to be flamed.... so flame away....

I paid $6.25 a round.

I'll never flame anyone for buying ammo.

Back in 1993 I was at a gun show in Fayetteville North Carolina and a guy was selling an ammo can full of Raufoss rounds. 150 for 4 or 500$ if I remember correctly. At the time I thought it silly paying that much per round for ammo, especially since I did not own a .50 BMG. A little over a decade later I owned a .50BMG and Raufoss rounds were 35$ a piece on GB. And I thought that was too much. I don't even bother to look at how much they cost now. But if I'd only purchased that ammo can full of them in 1993…

I haven't shot the Norma I purchased, but a search on AmmoSeek this morning shows it at $50 a box. That is so much better. Unfortunately, Hornady still isn't producing much ammo and it is at $120 a box.

I sure hope this Norma Match is accurate, as they may win over a new customer and I can wave bye-bye to Hornady.

Regardless, I now have enough brass to reload for a couple years.

081CC1E6-469A-42B6-9520-0FD25EDD0CB8.jpeg

No Sir... this is an ELR Plinker. Yeah I know.... .painful.

There's no brass anywhere for the 6.5 PRC.... I have dies that can't be used.

I now have 40 pieces of brass, so the second time they are fired, the average ammo cost will nearly be cut in half.

It is ridiculous that I can buy a box of 300 PRC for $75.... but a box of 6.5 PRC is $120.

I hope you've got primers and powder already. You can find the bullets for $50-60/100, but by the time you pay $175/1000 primers, has mat and shipping and then again for $80-100/pound of powder and haz mat nd shipping, $6.25/round is about right if you add in the brass and and labor.

I hope you've got primers and powder already. You can find the bullets for $50-60/100, but by the time you pay $175/1000 primers, has mat and shipping and then again for $80-100/pound of powder and haz mat nd shipping, $6.25/round is about right if you add in the brass and and labor.

Yeah, I found primers in the past month or so and they were a little high on price, but not bad. I have plenty of Retumbo.