bought a tactical scope

lloydsmale

Im a hunter not a paper shooter and this is the first tactical scope I bought. its for a rem 700 308 tactical gun. I picked up a 5x15x40 bushnell elite tactical from camerland. It was there last one and im sure its a discontinued model. I got it for 300 bucks. Is this a decent glass for long range shooting? say out to 7-800 yards. Nowhere around here to shoot any further. I see the retail on these was around 700 bucks. How does it compete against other 300 dollar scopes and how does it far in the 700 dollar price range.

A buddy of mine has one on a .22-250, it's a good scope for $300. It is not a $700 scope, I believe he paid around $400 for his. It is basically a Bushnell 3200 with a mildot reticle and target turrets. It has a one inch tube which will limit it's internal adjustments. So depending on how it sits on your rifle you may not get to the ranges you want. If not then either get a rail with some MOA built in or some Burris zee rings and you will be fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.