Long Range Scope Decision (bought lrtsi)

Rhunter2

So I purchased one of the lrtsi scopes is a 4.5-18 model. Hopefully I get the rebate! I don't have any high end optics to compare it to. I own a vx3, a 4200, and a conquest. Haven't compared the lrtsi to any of them but I can't say that I am blown away. Maybe after a comparison I will be more comfortable with the decision. I purchased that model as it was the best I found in that price range with good glass and very good turrets(from my research only). Now I am seeing used scopes like the victory Diavari on this site for sale for $1000 and wonder if I would have been smart to purchase something like that and buy a set of hunting turrets for it. The scope is going on a hunting rifle that will hopefully be used to take an elk! What would make the better setup for a hunter that would like to dial the shot if needed?

Do a box test to verify your scopes tracking then a tall target test to ensure your level is level.
If that checks out, you will good to go with that optic.
When I was a teenager I hunted with a Simmons 2.5x scope, the point I'm trying to make, we don't need the very best equipment to enjoy hunting.

Do a box test to verify your scopes tracking then a tall target test to ensure your level is level.
If that checks out, you will good to go with that optic.
When I was a teenager I hunted with a Simmons 2.5x scope, the point I'm trying to make, we don't need the very best equipment to enjoy hunting.

Agreed!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.