Long range scope

I have a LRP 6.5-20x50 leupold....one complete turn of turret is 15moa...it turns 3.5 complete turns....which means 45moa+..from the point of siting in...no moa rings or rail...
If my scope only turns one complete rotation I would only have 15moa........adding 20moa to the base or rings does nothing for extra elevation from point of siting.....simple concept....

Yeah. If he set up like a 400 yard zero, he can go 11.5 MOA over his 400 yard zero. But a 400 yard zero is not practical for a hunting rifle, and resetting the turrets every time would suck.
I agree it would suck. Can you put a custom turret on it. Would that give him more adjustment? Or like you said he is stuck with a one turn turret? If so he made a bad choice of scopes. More research before you buy. I allways try to buy alittle more than i need.Its good to have a small amount extra than not enough and looking foreward down the road. Thank you for the info.

Rp
I agree it would suck. Can you put a custom turret on it. Would that give him more adjustment? Or like you said he is stuck with a one turn turret? If so he made a bad choice of scopes. More research before you buy. I allways try to buy alittle more than i need.Its good to have a small amount extra than not enough and looking foreward down the road. Thank you for the info.
There was a post on here about a possible replacement turret from Australia that might get hime a second rev. Or, he could lose the zero stop and gain a second rev. But, zero stop is very important in my opinion.

Rp

There was a post on here about a possible replacement turret from Australia that might get hime a second rev. Or, he could lose the zero stop and gain a second rev. But, zero stop is very important in my opinion.
YES the stop is. i quess the guy needs to buy a new scope or live with the choice he made.Its costly either way. i wish him luck and hope that he thinks a little harder about his choices.

I have a cooper firearms with a proof research barrel in a 28 nosler. I bought a Swarovski z6 3-18×50 . Before doing any research. I zeroed it in at 200 but because I can only do less then 1 revaluation I can shoot out to 725 . I would like to shoot steel targets at further distance. If I remove the stop I can extend the distance but I cat find any one that will make a custom turret that will go more then 1 revaluation. I'm considering buying a night force scope or is there something else I should consider
Thank you
I have a K525i on my 28. it is in mils, but should apply. I "0" the rifle 3" high at 100yds. This gives a "0" @330. it is down .5mils@400, 1@500 and 1.5@600. Easy for an old man to remember. It is only down 4.53@1000. This makes me think if you "0" the way I do you will get there with one turn, or at least very close. I have mine on a flat base. About 900 is all the way across our biggest fields. You would be down less than 14min @1000. How much do you have in a turn?

11.5 MOA on the Z6 I think. 46 clicks. Unless they are the the weird .36" @ 100 yards (which in .1MIL, but they don't call it that). So basically would be 4.6MIL.

11.5 MOA on the Z6 I think. 46 clicks. Unless they are the the weird .36" @ 100 yards (which in .1MIL, but they don't call it that). So basically would be 4.6MIL.
Didn't Swarovski at one time also offer 1/4" clicks instead of 1/4moa also? Something jogs my memory that they some weird things like that?

To the op:
this is also like the Burris madd turret system, you get 20moa and that's it.
I would purchase a scope more suitable to what you're trying to achieve with the rifle.

I love the swaro scopes but it kind of sucks they made the turret that way. It's a fantastic scope that I would hunt with and be happy as a kid in a candy store. But he's right that it just doesn't work for his application. Since my price range is a little less I have had great luck with vortex pst2 vipers. They will get you way out there. My favorite hunting turret is the Leopold vx6 and vx5. The little stop button works perfect.
Shep

Then you should be close to getting there with the 330yd 0. I've used the old 3" high for MPBR for more than 40 years and have always liked it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts