Bought a Pre64 M70 35 Rem Today

nitrousmudbogger

I got a screeming good deal.Its a pre war in 35 rem which there were only 400 ever made in that caliber. Got it for $350 at the gun show! Guy was carrying it around and I was walking around and kept thinking I should see what it was. Glad I did.
The Bad: someone magna ported the barrel! **** it! They also rechambered it to 35 Whalen and put a pad on the stock. Oh well cant beat the price for the action anyways:D

I got a screeming good deal.Its a pre war in 35 rem which there were only 400 ever made in that caliber. Got it for $350 at the gun show! Guy was carrying it around and I was walking around and kept thinking I should see what it was. Glad I did.
The Bad: someone magna ported the barrel! **** it! They also rechambered it to 35 Whalen and put a pad on the stock. Oh well cant beat the price for the action anyways:D

can't argue with it for 350. to bad someone butchered it. hows the stock? whats your plans for it?

will

gotta ask whats a .234?

what kinda weight are the 234's in? i always thought a 35 whelen would be a fun cartridge. either or you still got a pre 64 for 350 bucks, win win situation in my eyes.

will

We typically have done 70 grainers in the 234. My dad had berger make some jackets and we filled them with the lead and crimped the nose. I am thinking more and more of lathe turning some in various sizes as it would be much easier to do than jacketed bullets.
I will take pics of the group of the 35 whalen when I make it to the range. Im guessing its going to be terrible because of the magnaporting.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.