BOTW and Huskemaw/Gunwerks part ways..?

kustomkoatings

It sure is hard for any TV show to make everyone happy. :)

If you listen to the opening statement by John Porter in the YouTube video he talks about how much work and time it takes to be able to shoot game at long range. On the TV show itself they talk about it, too, but not as much as you would like them to. For me and most others, we'd rather just watch the show and not have them repeat that message any more than they already do. But it's ok for you to have your own opinion.

On the YouTube video site the following explanation is written about the 2 shot moose kill. It seems perfectly consistent with the facts. I even remember watching the actual TV episode with its 2 shots and hearing John say "2 in the boiler room".

botw-moose.jpg

I had the opertunity to have a beer and a little visit with John Porter at the Hunt Fest show in Edmonton, alberta. and he said that BOTW and Gunwerks are parting ways and that gunwerks will not be building their long range hunter guns for them any more. John had told me that he is now working with Cooper designing a long range gun from the ground up, from the stock to the barrel and the action. And if you ask me that man knows his stuff.

And if you need any scopes or servicing their will be no problem. And as for the huskemaw scopes they are the ****, between my father and I we have four and they all work perfectally.

Just thought I would add my two cents.

Have fun and shoot straight!!!!

gun)

Yes I went back and watched that episode. I did not notice it until I read it here. I am sure John Porter knows his stuff, heck if I ever win the lottery I would like to go on a guided hunt with him.

Last edited:
Long Range Shooters,

Since founding Gunwerks, and laying the groundwork for Huskemaw Optics in 2006, I've worked hard to develop unique LR products that work. Usually just incremental changes, but we made a good start. I also worked very hard to influence much of the long range shooting content at The Best of the West. Now with our new GSeven line of products we will focus in on "the first shot". As of February of this year, I no longer own any part of Best of the West or Huskemaw Optics. Huskemaw Optics will continue to support BDC turrets by licensing Gunwerks' technology.

First off,in the GSeven product line, is the G7 configuration of the Nightforce NXS. One thing I have learned over the years (and several hundred rifles), is that when it comes to rifle scopes, there's pretty good most of the time, and then there is 100% "Built for the First Shot". That's what the new G7 scope (built by Nightforce) offers. The new hand held ballistic program with G7 BC's, Multiple Winds, Trajectory Validation, and Shoot to Range, has been in the works for a few years, in fact the core algorithms are part of our rangefinder project (production as early as October) that allows BC, MV and other inputs to fully tailor the ballistic calculations (read: full ballistic solution). It is also used in our new online program at ballistics.gseven.com. Finally, we will be offering custom BDC turrets that feature BOTH MOA/click divisions AND custom BDC for hasty and deliberate shooting.

Gunwerks has also introduced several new models in its LR series, from Carbon barreled sheep hunters to a 500 yard muzzle loader. The new LR-1200 is geared specifically towards the LRH crowd. At Gunwerks, we don't just build the most complete long range hunting rifles, we also rework customer actions as a platform. Pricing on budget packages is competitive with anyone, but remember with our LR packages we supply the entire system from ammo to optics and all the break-in, validation, setup, and testing work associated with a tuned long range system. Gunwerks even offers two day long range shooting courses through out the year.

We do have a new TV Show coming, as well. Gunwerks will be the title sponsor for Long Range Pursuit. The first show airs in January on Sportsman Channel on Thursday and Friday nights. More shooting, and less goofing. Long Range Shooting is a serious pursuit.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.