30x Huskemaw

oldmossy

Anyone out there shooting one of these? I have the 20x blue diamond, and think its great. But 2800.00 for the 30x. I was only looking at one because of the built in level. But 2800.00-dont think so.

I got to look at one at the ISE show. I really liked the scope. Loved the reticle. It is a heavy scope with a 34mm tube. The level inside was nice but not easy to see when lined up on the crosshairs. But this could be because I was free handing it. The only knock on it was the turret markings were painted on not etched. Now this could be because it was a prototype. Which I have to believe it was. Overall I liked the scope alot. I would buy a 30mm version that wasnt so heavy for hunting. I liked it much more than the Blue diamond, which I think is a great scope. This thing was built to compete with the high dollar Tac market. I'd have to do a heck of a lot more testing on one before I bought one over a S&B or Premier or Nightforce.

As a side note I handled one of their rifles too. I was very impressed by it. Put together nicely and the trigger broke like glass.

I am with you I want to see it out and being used before I consider dropping that kind of cash on one. I have a Blue Diamond on my 338 LM now and was considering it for the top end power but that takes a lot of justification for me.

Who has one and is using it ?????

We have them on order. They will arrive in May we are told.

We'll be publishing a review article asap.

Last edited:
I agree $2800 you could go NF for less ,and have a proven outfit, and I would be curious as to why painted on marks instead of etched , would not take long for paint to rub off, this scope had better be the best of the best for that cash .

The only knock on it was the turret markings were painted on not etched. Now this could be because it was a prototype. Which I have to believe it was.

The following is a quote from Huskemaw earlier today:

Yes, it was a Prototype. The Actual turrets made for these will be Laser Engraved, just like the regular turrets we burn. We will be using them for summer Shooting Schools and the upcoming Hunting Season. All testing has been great with the Prototypes.

Would any of you guys know whether that scope is First-Focal-Plane or Second? ...OR if there has been any changes to the lenses at all, or are they the same as the Blue Diamonds?? The specifics of their "specs" are fairly vague.

Len,

What magnification power is the reticle subtensions based to? In a 30x I'da thought they'd have gone to FFP.. considering the huntsmart reticle (& it's values for wind-hold) in that big'a mag-range, sfp almost hadicaps it a little-bit.

I don't suppose there'll be the option of first (or) second, by chance ?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.