BOTW and Huskemaw/Gunwerks part ways..?

Boman

I just read my newsletter from Gunwerks and they have an announcement saying they've left the Best of the West. Any one else read this? Anyone know what's going on? or Why? Very interesting to say the least. I wondered when I wasn't seeing Aaron on the show recently. First John Burns leaves and now Aaron Davidson.. Something aint right there..

I'm guessing since they said they joined them to promote there buisness, it has went as far as it can. They are either tired of spending sponsor dollors, or they might be starting there own show. I know one of them is talking to a outfitter about doing a high fence elk hunt out west. 400" bull at 700+ yards. If they did start there own show they could stand to make more money selling sponsor spots.

I've heard that the Huskemaw scope does not belong to Gunwerks, and that Aaron is working with Nightforce to build a new scope for them.

I'm wondering what BOTW is gonna do about a new scope to promote? They can always hire another rifle builder but it seemed to me the show is based on the promotion of the scope..

my guess is that aaron is leaving for the same reason burn's left, money. this is the exact reason I never considered buying a huskemaw. I knew something was fishy with the whole deal.

whats going to happen now to the people that need different dials or have a problem with their scope?

and why in the world would night force need aaron davidson to help them design a new scope? does he have a background in the optics industry that I'm not aware of?

I knew something was fishy with the whole deal.

whats going to happen now to the people that need different dials or have a problem with their scope?

One partner in Huskemaw was bought out by the other partner. Doesn't sound fishy to me, sounds like normal business practice.

BOTW is the remaining partner and will continue to offer scopes and service them just as in the past.

Uh-oh, here comes the rumors. Let's get Arron on here and ask him. I'm sure he'll clear stuff up. I'm not a big Huskemaw fan but Arron seems pretty straight-up. For whatever reason he's leaving, I'm sure he has a good reason.

Where are you Arron?

Ok so who owns who now? My impression is that Gunwerks and Huskemaw are together and BOTW is on their own. Is that correct?

Yeah I'd love to have Aaron come on here and straighten us out. He's seems to be a real straight shooter the times I've spoken to him.

Boman, your assumption is correct.

EDIT:
Bowman, I read your statement wrong. Huskemaw and BOTW are together.

Last edited:
I love watching the show, but I would think that they could come up with a NEW LR shooting tip for each show!

I am sure the folks here could come up with a dozen tips in five minutes! It is annoying to see the same tip week after week :(

edge.

I think BOTW is a joke, the make LRH seem like any joe blow can call and order a scope and kill a deer @ 900 yards, because he's got a scope with numbers on it. I have been into long range shooting for 4 years now and I shoot everyday, read constantly, have custom longrange rifles and I would bet I would only have a 50/50 chance of killing a deer @ 900 yards. I have shot 1/2 MOA groups @1000 but have enough sense too know that I also shot a couple sighters before I shot my group.

Check out the Youtube video where they shoot a moose. In the video they shoot the moose and act like they hit it on the first shot but if you look on the ground next to him there are empty cases laying there. I hate hunting shows, bunch of blow hard wannabes!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts