BORDER barrel - from Scotland

wheelgunner

Hello,

a friend of mine received some days ago his barrel from Border (Scotland), to re-barrel his Rem700 22-250.

It's a light-varmint contour fluted - 24' - 1/9 twist .... i like it ! ....

Have some of you experience about this brand ? .... i read something about theese barrels are used from a lot of F-class shooters, and for 1.000 yds competitions .

What do you think about it ?

Hi
you may get more info on a UK site ..try
ukvarminting.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/ or one of the Target forums?
Border are one of the very few barrel makers there (well in Scotland actually)
His Border range are cut and the Archers buttoned. Both have a good following and reputation.

I've used a couple with a 26wssm(light Palma contour). Been completely happy with them.
They don't foul out, and POI varies less with temp changes than any other barrel I've seen so far. They also come in the actual twist specified, unlike many barrels offerred today.

I picked mine up from OK Weber
OK Weber | Competition Rifle Parts

He imports them in batches I believe. I was lucky for once, in that he had 2 arriving that someone backed out of, and I happened to need.
Got them in a week!
If I were you I'd order atleast a couple at a time, and get em finished together.

I did this for my gun, and I found that I could swap barrels back & forth with the same ammo without changes in brass measurement or detectable difference across an Oehler. Both barrels seem truly identical and shoot exactly the same(I don't even have to adjust zero).
I didn't think this was even possible..
IMO, it's testament to both Border and my machinist(who might have indexed the bores, I don't know).

Anyway, my nature is skeptic by default. Yet my notions about Border are positive all the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.