Bolt swipe on new brass

nwhite2

I am getting these, what looks like bolt "swipes" on my brass when I close the bolt. It happens with factory hornady ammo and my adg brass, could anyone tell me whats causing this? I'm also getting ever so slight ejector marks at around 75.4 gr of h1k and 215 Bergers at around 2735 fps which seems pretty low to me.

Rifle specs:
Defiance tenacity
Virgin adg 300 prc brass
Proof 26" barrel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
If it's happening by just closing the bolt and chambering a cartridge, then I'd say there's a burr on the bolt face or ejector hole in the bolt face has a burr on it.

I'd check the ejector for a burr. I don't see any brass having flowed into the ejector and the primers looks nice and rounded to my eye. A little 800 or 1,000 grit on the ejector plunger might help.

I'd check the ejector for a burr. I don't see any brass having flowed into the ejector and the primers looks nice and rounded to my eye. A little 800 or 1,000 grit on the ejector plunger might help.
I'll give it a look, I went up to 78 grains and had no heavy bolt lift and the primers looked good. Every increment between had the same ejector mark and it never got worse

Chamber a virgin case without firing it. Then unload and inspect. If it is doing it without firing, it probably isn't pressure. Bright shiny ejector print ( ) would be pressure. As mentioned probably a bur.

I get this on several rifles. I even get clickers with ADG in a RUM without firing the virgin case. Norma cases also do this on a 300 WM.