Blown primers on 6.5 CM-Problem Solved on page 6!

I've bought some different large rifle primers in the last couple of years to have on hand, but in 40 years, I've only used Federal 210 for my hunting rifles. The CCI primers are sitting in a storage box just in case I run out of Federal 210s.

I think it's just the difference between the Nosler and the Lapua bracket. I just bought 100 more Lapua, and I'll get rid of the Nosler. Not that I think the Nosler brass is poor quality, but it's just another variable to cut out.
Ok, perhaps the rim area of the Nosler brass is weak, or oversized primer pockets, if Lapua stops the problem you're home free... One last question, which might have been brought up, was the Nosler brass once or twice fired brass? If Nosler was bad brass, that would for sure weaken it and open up the primer pockets. Good luck, Cheers.

Ok, perhaps the rim area of the Nosler brass is weak, or oversized primer pockets, if Lapua stops the problem you're home free... One last question, which might have been brought up, was the Nosler brass once or twice fired brass? If Nosler was bad brass, that would for sure weaken it and open up the primer pockets. Good luck, Cheers.
It was new, full sized, never fired

It was new, full sized, never fired

Have you loaded with other powders on your bench recently?

Any possibility you contaminated your load or added something inadvertently?

Any of those rounds leftover? Take any apart and verify charge and visual type matches your intent?

Borescope the rig yet?

Have you loaded with other powders on your bench recently?

Any possibility you contaminated your load or added something inadvertently?

Any of those rounds leftover? Take any apart and verify charge and visual type matches your intent?

Borescope the rig yet?
I have about 20 powders in my cabinet but all I've loaded in the last couple of years is H4350 and H4831SC. I did compare the two because I thought it could have been a possibility, but they are pretty much identical visually. When I'm loading different cartridges with different powders, I move the bottle I'm not using to the other side of the workbench. Not saying it's not possible, but I try to take precautions to avoid that.

I have found that in my 40 yrs of reloading that loose primer pockets very seldom even leak with loads that are not over pressure. When the pressure comes through the flash hole the primer expands in the pocket and seals it. This is what the primer does on tight pockets too. Im very sure the little pressure my thumb uses to push the primer in is not what seals the 60000 psi gas in. I know some guys that shoot benchrest and wont throw their brass away till the necks split. And 6 ppcs are run very hard. They will use a drop of super glue or nail polish to hold loose primers in their case. I watched a guy bend the bottom of the primer cup with pliers to keep his primer from just falling out of the case. No leaks. Much less blown primer. Takes quite a bit of over pressure to get a primer to leak. It takes way over to get a primer to disappear. I had a guy bring me his Remington 700 that locked up. When I finally got it apart and the bolt out the case head had flowed into the extractor recess. I sent it to Remington with the brass and they gave it the ok to use still. I asked them how much pressure that round had. They said over 100000 psi. That right there shows you the weakest link. Primers. If they are gone you went way over. If it leaked your still way over. But I can say I've never had a primer blow because it was loose. Watching those old timer br guys made me cringe sometimes but man could they get those guns shooting.
Shep

One word on the lapua creed brass. Its tuff brass and last a long time. But the capacity is less than hornady. Adjust accordingly. Ive tried 4 different brass companies for my match gun and lapua has been the best for me.
Shep
Thanks, lesson learned! I do have a lapua brass load for 140 grain Accubonds with this rifle. But I'll start low.

Mr bomber
Dont feel bad, my post about Sticking brass basically called me a dumb A after 10 pages. problem got solved just the same. As stated earlier, same problem with nosler brass below is a problem similar to yours but with peterson fat brass taken from my post 6 months ago.

Puzzle solved, at least in my mind.

Working up brass today, a box of 50. This is load development brass so some were loaded hot others not so much. I settled on my hot 42 gr load a good while back loaded one box of 50 3 times with that same load. This is Peterson fat brass in a custom barrel. All 300 turned to 0145 when first purchased and worked great. Today I was randomly fitting bullet into fired brass and some of that 50 would not fit.

I assumed that once I turned brass to a given thickness it would stay close until end of life but I was so wrong. I turned to 0145 and was surprised at the brass removed. I have also learned how to find brass that has been subjected to extreme pressure. A small base die will let you know.

So to every one, the one or two that suggested exactly that with a bullet. The guys who prompted me to check chamber conditions, the guys that said brass is ruined (and you are correct) even the spell checker.

I appreciate it, thanks for taking the time to look and offer your opinion.