Blood Trailing Light

There is no "best" as long as the one you use is bright and doesn't lose power too quickly.

I always thought that a bright light would be the best. I have the high power cree bulb lights. I do not know that they are any better at blood trailing than a bright old fashioned bulb light. I struggle at night when there isn't much of a blood trail. I thought it was just my old eyes. Then someone mentioned that the human eye can pick up color much better when you use the old fashion bulb. Thought someone might expand on the science or experience side of this.

I have found that really bright white LED lights are best for spotting blood in the dark. A little spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide will foam blood up to help distinguish blood from other red spots, if desired.

Interestingly enough, blood trailing lights are still being sold specifically for this purpose. They may, or may not, be an improvement over regular bright white lights.

https://www.knifecountryusa.com/sto...MI_O2s77_72AIVhlcNCh3jMgiuEAQYASABEgJMi_D_BwE

Check out the Nebo blood tracker. Am also in the hunt for a new one and found good reviews about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.