Bix'n Andy trigger question

wm5l

Just had my smith send me a gun back and I thought he was going to put in a Trigger Tech trigger in it. The gun gets here and he put this Bix'n Andy trigger in it. I seems ok. The shoe is a little narrow for my taste but they do sell replacements for them for $40. It breaks at 1lb 6oz every time on a scale. Should I worry about this thing? Ive never heard of em before yesterday.

I just got my trigger tech Diamond and I am impressed! What makes a Bix'n Andy better? I am just curious, I have never used one.

Very precise manufactured ball type triggers from Austria. Saw one on a rifle an old smith was working on a year or so ago. You are fortunate, they are super. Not very common. 56, I like the TriggerTech triggers as well.

That was my next question because I have two of the trigger tech triggers and I love them this is not a bad trigger the one he put in but it wasn't what I was expecting

Bighorn recommended a Bix trigger for my last build almost two years ago. Being a long time Jewell guy I figured what the hell! Long story short I only own Bix Tacsport triggers now. Have two heading my way right now for my surgeon xl and another bighorn build. They are very light and crisp. No creep what so ever. Also very easy to service, Although I haven't had to. Call and talk to the African guy at Bullet Central if you have any questions

Benchrest guys use the Bix regularly. They make different grades of triggers- TAC Sport, BR, Competition. I have the BR trigger on one gun and Jewells on everything else but my savages. The Bix is cleaner, but I would not go to the trouble or expense of changing out my Jewells. Not that much of a difference at 1-2 ounces.

Bix triggers are, in my estimation, better than Jewels. But for my money, not worth what they ask for them. I'll stick with my Jewells, but if I ever get a Bix I will be a happy camper, as you should be.

They are an interesting design -- two small balls instead of two or three levers, as in the Jewell. Probably less mass, although we're talking about a super small amount of mass in any case. I'm very impressed with them and enjoy shooting them. Clean, crisp, very light.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.