Shilen Trigger question

jon12

I have a shilen trigger in my rem model 700 bld long action 30-06. I am thinking about building a rifle on the action of this rifle, and one of my reasons for sticking with this particular action is that the shilen trigger is already in it and i love that trigger. I have though, been thinking i might be better off starting with a different rifle. I kept the factory trigger so it could be put back in, but could i put my shilen in a different model 700 for building my rifle if i used a short action model 700, a different long action model 700, or a mmodel 7? Basically do they all take the same trigger and are aftermarket triggers interchangable in long and short model 700s and model 7s, and can a shilen trigger be taken out of a long 700 and put in a short 700 or 7?

Thanks.

yes you can put it in another model 700 action long or short . but i dont think it would work on the model 7 action though... i would check out their website

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.