binoculars

AIRSTREAM,
GOOD TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE.I,ll SEND THE BINOCULARS OUT TOMORROW ..IF NOT TOMORROW THE NEXT DAY ,,I,LL LET YOU KNOW AFTER IT,S DONE.
HAVE A GREAT HUNT AND I HOPE YOU BAG A BIG ONE.
PETE

don't get a used pair of Zen Ray ED1 they have a mechanical problem w/ the focus knob. Supposedly the ED3 fixes this problem, Zen Ray has amazing glass for the money though.

I like options and sometimes lots of power I went with this Nikon | Sport Optics | Action Zoom Series - Specifications
not even marketed for hunters but it brings things in even closer than most of the high dollar bino's or not, your choice.. With all the variable power scopes I can't figure out why this doesn't include bino's. around $100 dollars. I won't even look at anything unless it's capable of over 10 power.

AIRSTREAM,,
Over the years i,ve spent a lot of money on binoculars..I should have waited and saved my money until i was able to purchase my EL-10-42 swarovski,s ,,that i knew would not let me down..and are crystal clear.
If you would like to wait and save more money for a top of the line setup ,,i will let you use mine for this hunt...These things are like scopes and you can go back and forth all day long.. my experience is schmidt & bender scopes and swarovski binoculars..
I dont know you but because you are on this site i should be able to trust you.If you want to purchase something else do so ,or if you want to save for a better top of the line setup you can use mine for this hunt..

I agree with this philosophy and whilst I am only now on my first binoculars, would definitely go the top end for a Marco Polo sheep hunt, for the moment I'm using Minox BV 10 x 42 and am pleasantly surprised at the value that these represent. They are great clarity and I am learning a lot about what to look for in binos. These are really entry level and can be had for around $200, see Minox - Camera Land NY.

Airstream, I'm a Leupold fan and thought I get a pair of their Gold Ring HD binos next, how do these compare to Swarovski?

Follow up: My new friend sent me his swarvoski's, I decided to go ahead and purchace the MINOX 8.5 X 43 HG for 500$ before the trip. This would allow me and my wife to each have a pair.

The swarvoski binoculars were 10 power and , I would have to say that they were above the Minox. But not 1500$ above them.
The minox were much more clear than my 22 power NIGHTFORCE scope.

If you want the very best buy the swarvoskis.

If you want one of the best buy the Minox.

I purchaced thousands of dollars in gear for my trip made by LIECA, NIGHTFORCE, COOPER, the best money that I spent was on the Minox. everyone that looked through them was impressed. but I should have got the 10 power.
I would not chance the leupold, and I am a fan too. go with the minox or swarvoski

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts