Bighorn Origin SA, 300wsm & BDL. Will it work?

jd126

Anyone have any input on this build idea? Box too short? Feeding issues? The Origin is not cut for a Wyatts box and not sure if it can be? I already have the action with the magnum bolt face and I want another 300wsm. Just researching some options. Thanks

I have been doing a lot of research on this as well as I plan on using one for a 6.5 prc build. you have to have the action milled slightly to accept the wyatt extended box for a BDL setup and have the bolt stop modified. but If you using detachable mags, you can get away with it with a WSM/ mag with no binder plate. to get you out to 2.950 with no modification to the action. from a few guys I have spoke with its not a big deal and most smiths can do it easy as its the same for a Remington 700 SA. If you don't want to have your action milled you have to run mags or use another action such as the TL3 I believe can come cut for the wyatt box from factory. I have decided to forego the milling as I don't hunt on a loaded chamber. and I would like more than 2 rounds in the magazine.

Thanks for the info. Did a little more research on the subject and the easy answer is to run a mag. I like the low profile of the BDL setup and the slight weight savings. I might try and find a used Remington hinged floor plate and mag box to see if it'll work. Factory ammo should fit in the standard mag box.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.