Beware!!! SRS knock-offs floating around

@livetohunt

What about your "blatant knockoff's that you stole from others in the manufacturing world?"

1.) @rpierce Muscle brake (I imagine you didn't ask Ryan for permission on this when you copied them):

View attachment 483385

2.) Your SRS mini 5 port (I don't see this any longer advertised on your website - i wonder why???)
View attachment 483386

3.) The atlas BT17 (I guess you're ok here because you threw in a sling stud attachment - so that makes it ok to copy them)

View attachment 483389

4.) Or this is a good one, the powder funnels you & UM stole from hardcore gear out of Lewiston Idaho, I guess its ok since you changed the knurling (its still a little shady how Jake at UM physically went and bought funnels from hardcore only to copy them.)
View attachment 483390

View attachment 483392

5.) What about the loading trays? Area 419 had those on lock, then you produced those, but then again - I suppose that's not a copy because you say so.

- https://www.area419.com/product/area-419-anodized-loading-block/

6.) Let us not forget about the legendary UM DBM that was nothing more than a "blatant knockoff" of the SEEKINS 4'' DBM that you modeled off for months (That one doesn't get out much).
7.) The great big project for the UM tikka rings - GASP, another copy of the Sportsmatch direct mount rings. But hey - you added a few lightening cuts and some fancy marketing to make it all better in your eyes.

8.) You showed us all a sneak peek on IG about your new Arca rail quick detach that is nothing more than a blatant knock off from the area 419.
Should we go on????

Moral of the story - Don't throw stones in glass houses bud - you are no better than those around you!

@the gman , I guess you accidentally (conveniently) missed all these products that SRS came up with…right after someone else.

Reading and comprehension is key. SRS never said it was returned to him; he said the customer reached out to him, as the manufacturer, to question the machining and sent PHOTOS. This is entertaining...
He didn't "say" anything of the sort. That's the problem lol hours after his rant suddenly this email comes out with a return. I swear I'm watching the Trump indictment hearings here.

Ok let me rephrase my example. I don't reach out to Sitka when I receive the wrong product from Amazon. Please do not scold me on spelling and or punctuation either not great at those. "Reading and comprehension" give me a break lol

Last edited:
IMG_0832.png

Ja still shows Srs rails on there site

The thing I see here is that SRS got some competition and they don't like it. Yes they may have been first to market this product (not an earth shattering innovation imo) but that's business. You create something and competition will soon come along. Same thing SRS is doing with its brakes and other "innovative" products. Are the other companies slandering him? Didn't think so.

Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.

He didn't "say" anything of the sort. That's the problem lol hours after his rant suddenly this email comes out with a return. I swear I'm watching the Trump indictment hearings here.

Ok let me rephrase my example. I don't reach out to Sitka when I receive the wrong product from Amazon. Please do not scold me on spelling and or punctuation either not great at those. "Reading and comprehension" give me a break lol
He absolutely did mate. In the post when he explained about the customer emailing him. There was no "customer return" just photos sent. Stop getting this mixed up with your own interpretation of what the man said. Go back and READ what he wrote, not what you THINK he wrote. Jesus, this isn't rocket science, try and keep up.

This is a much smaller world than Sitka and Amazon bud. I looked for SRS products because they were well recommended. If SRS is out of stock and I bought the item from JA instead because they were in stock and received something from JA that didn't look exactly like SRS, it is 100% feasible the customer could contact SRS, as the manufacturer, direct.

Clearly, not many of you have any experience of manufacturing or patents. A patent can run $50K per PRODUCT before it's granted. At best, its no less than $10K per product. I doubt SRS is making $50K or even $10K a year on rails. And, as an acquaintance of mine, the firearms industry go to patent attorney told me, "a patent is only worth how much you can afford to defend it."

It isn't competition if what you're competing against was yours to start with and a thief steals it, gets it made cheaper in China then sells it to a customer base you've educated and created. Certainly not illegal but very shady.

Y'all want to jump on SRS but suck JA's appendage. Feel free to do so at your leisure but I've learned a great deal about what kind of people inhabit this forum and it wasn't favorable. I've certainly found out SRS isn't innocent but that doesn't excuse JA from any blame. Again, if JA, along with several other vendors were selling the knock off SRS rails, that would be one thing but, based on my limited search, JA is the sole supplier of these. Ergo, JA ripped off the design and undercut SRS with his own product. I think its unethical and underhanded and JA is on my 'do not buy from' list. Shame because I recently found them for some Savage stuff I wanted but they were out of stock on. I'll count myself fortunate on that score. You may continue with your adoration of unethical behavior.

The thing I see here is that SRS got some competition and they don't like it. Yes they may have been first to market this product (not an earth shattering innovation imo) but that's business. You create something and competition will soon come along. Same thing SRS is doing with its brakes and other "innovative" products. Are the other companies slandering him? Didn't think so.

Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.
Agreed! It appears that Arca-Swiss developed the Arca rail in the 1990s.
1691321812073.png

(https://kineticresearchgroup.com/what-is-an-arca-rail/)

1691322790940.png

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripod_head)

Area419, MDT, MTMT, Axis Precision, Henderson Precision, 360 Precision, Odin Works, etc., make Arca rail similar products. I think healthy competition is good for the end-users. That's the beauty of America; we still have the freedom of choice and plenty to choose from.

IMHO, this is a big-boy response/action ...

1691325300073.png

esp ...

1691325428757.png

Last edited:
Agreed! It appears that Arca-Swiss developed the Arca rail in the 1990s.
View attachment 483483
(https://kineticresearchgroup.com/what-is-an-arca-rail/)

View attachment 483485
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripod_head)

Area419, MDT, MTMT, Axis Precision, Henderson Precision, 360 Precision, Odin Works, etc., make Arca rail similar products. I think healthy competition is good for the end-users. That's the beauty of America; we still have the freedom of choice and plenty to choose from.

IMHO, this is a big-boy response/action ...

View attachment 483486

esp ...

View attachment 483487
IMG_2821.gif

Ironically I just put am SRS rail, bought from SRS, on my Tikka build sourced from JA...... I also just put a TS Custom ARCA rail on the rifle. Gee I guess anyone can build rails. We are talking rails here there is no secret, there is no design propriety. Perhaps thats why when you internet such you finds 100s of them of all quality. I am guessing 75% of the people reading this forum could sit down with pencil and paper and design a rail. It comes down to the manufacturing and the quality of the material, machining etc. It's a competitive world. Wes and Krystal are great people. Good to work with and they deliver what they promise. The SRS rail came quickly, its decent quality (although a tad narrower than most), fair price.

What I don't find ok is a company trying to undermine a competitor with false claims, incendiary comments and a completely hypocritical behavior.

p.s. the TS Customs rail is far superior to the SRS rail in quality.

Come on guys...only 12 pages?
I am OLD fashioned, my brakes are radial and came from the factory, most are tuner brakes, the Original BOSS. The way they are designed are LOUDER for the person next to the shooter than the shooter, but still very loud.
I don't clamp my rifle on anything. I rest the foreend on a primos tripod, I mean, I might as well but a hydraulic trigger, and make it totally remote.