Beware!!! SRS knock-offs floating around

LOL, I get busy mudding/texturing the living room and return to more drama! So I'm guessing the Idaho poster is JA? All I can say is if he knew SRS was blatantly copying other people's designs and still did business with him as a reseller, his character is even more dubious.

I found SRS after shooting a NRL hunter match a couple years ago and searched for the ARCA/pictatinny rail interface for my hunting rifle. Back then, SRS was the only game in town for that combo. Ergo, it stands to reason they innovated it. If SRS is dubious too, well, that sucks. However, I have a significant issue with people saying its OK to steal other people's inventions because of a lack of a patent.

That's the same as saying if you don't want your car stolen, you should lock the doors. That may be true, but I guess only thieves are deterred by locked doors because honest people don't even think about stealing someone else's vehicle.

On the face of it, neither SRS or JA are covering themselves in glory. Appears both are intellectual property thieves but trying to justify being a thief because you stole from a thief isn't quite the tactic I would have gone with... YMMV.
Another thing is I most definitely am not JA I think members who have been around a while can confirm.

Man I gotta say, I do enjoy the memes, that's for sure.

I'm well aware our brakes look similar to ALOT of brakes on the market. It's flooded. Hard to be original. But hey they work, and our goal was to be the best lightweight Ti brake on the market.

You can be damned sure that I had a ton of brakes on my desk when I was designing the Pro brake line. We also have a different porting design for our 1 and 2 ports because that design is better for short brakes.

I'm not denying anything here.

I've dealt with Wes for years. He was a great reseller.

But seriously, I have an email chain with someone who ordered an SRS Hunters rail from J&A outdoors, but received one of there knockoffs and thought that we had messed up the machining on it. So he reached out to us and sent us photos. Isn't that damning evidence?

I hope if anything this thread serves as a critical thinking exercise & example. Never take anything at face value. Question the motives, seek the direct evidence. Any detective worth a daggum knows there is always two or more sides of any story. If one finds themselves confused, develop a pattern of facts you can identify or seek to obtain.

Question the motives of everyone. "Why is this source saying this?"

I hope if anything this thread serves as a critical thinking exercise & example. Never take anything at face value. Question the motives, seek the direct evidence. Any detective worth a daggum knows there is always two or more sides of any story. If one finds themselves confused, develop a pattern of facts you can identify or seek to obtain.

Question the motives of everyone. "Why is this source saying this?"
Someone super smart said that about 10.5 pages ago. I can't remember his name…. 😝

But seriously, I have an email chain with someone who ordered an SRS Hunters rail from J&A outdoors, but received one of there knockoffs and thought that we had messed up the machining on it. So he reached out to us and sent us photos. Isn't that damning evidence?
Are you a yoga instructor? Because that is a loooonng stretch from what you initially claimed.

The mysterious email now surfaces. I probably would have led with this explanation in the whole blowup you originally posted. Now it just seems very after the fact "oh I forgot". I just call b.s on this. Why would someone buy something from JA and return it to you? I don't buy something from Amazon and then go to the producer if it's not what I ordered?

The mysterious email now surfaces. I probably would have led with this explanation in the whole blowup you originally posted. Now it just seems very after the fact "oh I forgot". I just call b.s on this. Why would someone buy something from JA and return it to you? I don't buy something from Amazon and then go to the producer if it's not what I ordered?
He's gonna need a wheelchair...cause he ain't gotta leg to stand on...

If you are having anything manufactured in china.....you can be guaranteed it is being backdoored by them. They have no morals or code of ethics.

Man I gotta say, I do enjoy the memes, that's for sure.

I'm well aware our brakes look similar to ALOT of brakes on the market. It's flooded. Hard to be original. But hey they work, and our goal was to be the best lightweight Ti brake on the market.

You can be damned sure that I had a ton of brakes on my desk when I was designing the Pro brake line. We also have a different porting design for our 1 and 2 ports because that design is better for short brakes.

I'm not denying anything here.

Ok so let's exclude the brake. What's the story on the rest of the stuff? I'm guessing you just"had the same great idea" as the other guy right?

I don't really understand your rational with stealing. No one stole anything. The OP is upset because a supplier found someone else who sells a similar product to fill his customers needs. JA didn't steal anything. They didn't badge anything as the OP's product. A patent is the letter of what is one company's or many companies to produce. This happens every single day. This is a competing product not a stolen product. If your example or thoughts were "true" we would all be driving Mercedes Benz vehicles (had the first patent on gas powered vehicle if you didn't know)

The OP said they were selling products under the SRS name and brand. Direct quote. That's a load of crap. And I posted the info about the SRS "very similar" products from various other manufacturers because if you want to call a spade a spade let's do it. The Remington post was a great one. Clone copy whatever.
LOL, sure.... JA resells SRS products. They discontinue SRS product and miraculously "find" another supplier who's product is an almost carbon copy of SRS product. Maybe my Googlefu is weak but it appears JA is the ONLY reseller of the carbon copy rails. Coincidence? Hmm, one of the first things you learn in cop work is there ain't no such thing as coincidence. Whether JA went to the machinists or they came to them, either way, it stinks and I personally refuse to do business with such companies.

Primary Arms started as a supplier/reseller and has grown in leaps and bounds to have things made for them in China and elsewhere. It is the way of most companies. JA doing the same thing is not unsurprising but illuminating. Clones of the Remington action would never have had a foothold if the 700 action had been built better to start with...

Reading and comprehension is key. SRS never said it was returned to him; he said the customer reached out to him, as the manufacturer, to question the machining and sent PHOTOS. This is entertaining...

LOL, sure.... JA resells SRS products. They discontinue SRS product and miraculously "find" another supplier who's product is an almost carbon copy of SRS product
And your point? It's not like any other retailer hasn't done similar things. Why do retailers carry a certain line of product then discontinue it only to sell the competitors products?

JA never claimed it was a SRS product in the description. That's clear evidence! Or did you miss that evidence detective?