Beware!!! SRS knock-offs floating around

Geez, you certainly are ready to die on this hill ain't ya?! LOL Busting out your life's accomplishments and resume n such. Newsflash! We all have backgrounds too, honorable like yours. Just because we differ in our viewpoints on a matter doesn't make our character ill-reputed.

JA is a reseller. They had some bad deal go down with SRS. They brought in a similar product as replacement, made by another competitor. Can nobody offer a 5 port muzzle brake?

A funny thought came to mind about the skit "6 minute abs" then someone comes out with "5 minute abs!" 🤣🤣🤣
LOL. Nah, muzzle brakes are a different kettle of fish, as its really hard to be innovative with them although AK Concepts, later PWS, were with theirs back in the day. They did resemble some elements of the Smith Enterprises Vortex design and Ron Smith is really litigious because his business partner is a hell of a lawyer. I knew Ron so got PWS in a sit down with Smith at SHOT in 2007 and they hashed it out. I have some experience with this stuff in the gun business. The rails are 100% rip offs. Again, you do you mate.

Biased? LOL. I did the cop thing long enough to recognize a crook when I see one. A direct copy of an item from a well respected, innovative company whom I have done business with is enough to chap my ***. Your mileage may vary. Saw it with the company I used to work for when their design was ripped off by a much larger company. Ruger did it to Kel-Tec with the LCP. Hate it and thieves.
You must have been one hell of a cop!

This is my only comment. I have no skin in the game. I do not own any of the products mentioned.

Looking at the side-by-side photos in post #11, the items compared are not matches. There are numerous differences. Meaning they might be very similar, but are not knockoffs or fakes.
So are more than half of the brakes and Picatinny and ARCA rails out there.

One thing to ask yourself....if JA ..is selling counterfeit SRS Brakes....what else is he selling that's Counterfeit ?? Hmmm

Rum Man
There's a difference in selling counterfeit and unknowingly selling counterfeit. I've dealt with JA numerous times without issue. Look at all the Chinese counterfeit big L scopes that circulated several years ago. Doesn't mean the retailer knew they were counterfeit.

So SRS is the only person who can sell and manufacture muzzle brakes and rails? Last time I checked this is a free country and businesses can do and sell what they please. Take a quick look around the web, you will see several brakes and rails that are very similar to SRS.
I've got SRS brakes and rails on all of my rifles so I fully support him but unless he has patients and all the legal stuff all he's doing is creating a bunch of unnecessary internet drama. Even then I see enough small differences there's not a darn thing he can do about it but cut ties and move on with your life.
Almost like the lead bullets in gut piles video posted earlier this year! Oops

I am not sure the design is unique or novel. Perhaps the combination of rails is unique. Seems like there is plenty of room to compete on the value of quality, function and cost. If someone wants to lock up the design they need a patent. If someone wants to lock up the name they need a trademark or copyright. When you proceed with neither you are effectively saying you are going to compete based on quality, function, customer service and price. Effectively, skipping the patent says you don't want to own the design and you are willingly making it public.

For me it comes down to value added. If the two similar products are available I consider the overall value. If the value is similar I will support the inventor. If the inventor can't deliver the value (not all that uncommon) then they don't get my money. There is a pretty long list of good ideas that were poorly executed.

From what I know, I would buy the SRS product over the knockoff, but I don't fault someone else for trying.

I agree.

There are just too many questions at this point and without everyone involved airing it out and going back and forth on here, it's probably impossible to answer all those questions to truly understand if there's an at fault party.

Think about all the components of a gun…a trigger for example. There are dozens of trigger makers making almost the exact same trigger with minor differences. Someone obviously made that design first.

I'd really have an issue if ja advertised the product as an SRS if it's not, but beyond that, I'd have to know a lot more details that we'll never know, so I'll hold my judgment.
Yep, just as I noted in my original post.