Best way to deal with hog problems.

Yes we have the Jaeger trap
We just keep a backhoe because no one wants a "free hog or pig"
after normal hours
Dig and bury
It's all good for free pork until the "I"take them " wears off after a multiple catches like this.
Then no one answers their phone

Attachments

• F9ADA602-8B0A-47EB-9FBE-45B3FDC4AEAA.jpeg
    F9ADA602-8B0A-47EB-9FBE-45B3FDC4AEAA.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 54
This is what I deal with
Night vision Not needed
Slingshot with cup and core or hammers (optional)

Attachments

• 4D53576E-8791-40AF-89EF-8A499221AF56.jpeg
    4D53576E-8791-40AF-89EF-8A499221AF56.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Why do people think you're NOT going to have a pig issue when you keep feeding the stupid things.......or is it like a 1 stop shop get it in 1 place catch-all couch cushion for change and toys. I've never incountered those things to run so straight, especially when shot at. Where I'm at those idiotic things are more like roaches when the light gets turned on

no one wants a "free hog or pig"
after normal hours

Ain't that the truth! I have actually had people ask me to leave my cooler on the porch so that I don't wake them up and that I could come get my cooler later. One guy said, "Since you are up anyway, why don't you go ahead and bag and label the "cuts of meat" and put them in the freezer in the barn for me.

Except for a couple of landowners that request backstraps once in a while, I don't butcher hogs for other people. In my experience, the needy usually aren't needy enough to bother butchering or even being awakened in the middle to receive what could be $100 or more of free meat.

Apparently, free isn't free if it inconveniences the recipient.

Recent Posts