Best season for testing handloads?

skip AI

I want to muck around with some handloading but the temps are 40*C+ every day and the only time the rifle will be used is in cold conditions such as -1 to 3*C+.
Would there be any problems in testing now and using later? Will there be inconsistancies with velocity and accuracy?

cheers

with a temp change that mush their is a good chance that your load data will need to be adjusted. Some powders are alot more temp sensitive than others so it realy depends on your powder.
Generaly i have found that my loads need to be increased only a grain or so during the cold winter and generaly they willbe a little more consistant then also.

Hows your summer going down their? Here in south Louisiana its looking to be the coldest winter in a good while

Thanks mate, Its bloody hot down here. We are in drought and there are several large bushfires that have swept across the south east of Victoria and are expected to burn all summer and summer has just started!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.