Best Scope for around $300

maelstrommage

[FONT=&quot]I am looking for the best value on a scope for under $300. I will be shooting less than 600 yards with a 5.56/.223 caliber rifle. The scope will be used for target and hunting. Here are some of the ones I am considering:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Nikon Monarch UCC 3-9x40[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Millett 4-16x50 Tactical Rifle scope[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Leupold Vx-2 3-9x40 Mt Dpx[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm Rifle Scope [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Burris 3X-9X-40mm Fullfield II Tactical Riflescopes[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Leupold 3-9x50mm Rifleman Rifle Scope 58160[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Nikon 6430 Buckmaster Scope 3-9x50[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Weaver V-16 4-16 x 42 mm[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Leatherwood / Hi-Lux Optics 4-16x50 ATR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, I am open to any suggestions.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Take a look at the Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10x40. It is a Midway exclusive and they are on sale for $300.00 untill the 31st of October. I just recieved one for a rifle that I am putting together for my brother and may order another after looking at this one. Optics are clear with good eye relief and it does well in low light. The only thing that you may not like is the adjustments which are mil/mil. I personally like mil/mil as I have an easier time remembering my dope and the reticle and turret adjustments correspond. Just a thought.

This may be more magnification than your after but if Cameraland is still selling the vortex viper 6.5-20x44 for $259 that would be tough to beat. I paid $400 for mine and still feel I got a lot of scope for the cash.

If you have your heart set on a variable - you have a lot of choices. I have a .223 that I put a straight 10X super sniper on that I bought used from this forum and since using it for 2 years I have ordered another one. They trac, have adequate optics and are tougher than you should treat a scope.

I know that SWFA is the distributor for them and for my 223 I don't need a variable when I only use it out to 600 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.