killerspoons

I was looking at the

wonder optics 4-14
hawke sidewinder 4-16 or 4-14
vortex viper hs lr 4-16x44
falcon menace 4-14
nikon monarch 4-16 or 5-20
millet trs-1

I don't really like the nikon only because it has only around 40moa of adjustment.
this scope will be used for hunting around 500 yards when i get good enough and i hope to get out to 1000

You didn't mention what caliber your rifle is that your going to be putting the scope on as it has a lot to do with your list of choices! So with that said I would lean towards a Vortex or the Monarch. Depending on your caliber 40 moa is plenty for 1,000 yrds. as I shoot a 1,000 yrds. using 31 moa in my 6mm AR Turbo imp. and if you use a scope base with like a 20 moa built in then you have plenty of travell!

You may want to add Sightron to your list, they have a real good following over at accurateshooter.com and i haven't heard one bad word about them yet.

I have 3 buckmasters and a monarch and i'll never buy any more nikons. None of them will shoot the box accurately, and i have to re-zero my rifle afterwards.

I was looking at the

wonder optics 4-14
hawke sidewinder 4-16 or 4-14
vortex viper hs lr 4-16x44
falcon menace 4-14
nikon monarch 4-16 or 5-20
millet trs-1

I don't really like the nikon only because it has only around 40moa of adjustment.
this scope will be used for hunting around 500 yards when i get good enough and i hope to get out to 1000

Scopes with 1" tubes will have limited amount of travel. If you use a canted base on your rifle then you will not have a problem.

I own the Vortex in 3 flavors and I own the Nikon in 2. I'd take the Vortex over the Nikon any day. They are brighter and clearer, and with a 30mm tube I noticed a wider field of view at the same power.

As noted in a post above I'd also add the Sightron SII Big Sky at that price range. I have two SII's (non-Big Sky) and like them for their price point. The Big Sky version is much nicer but I have not done a comparison with the Vortex so I can't help directly in narrowing down between those two.

You can also get the Leupold mark 4 4.5-14x40mm LRT for just a bit above $550.00.

It's a scope I'd consider in that price range for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.