Best scope for .300 win mag

Trijicon Credo HX isn't FFP but for a rifle used mostly for hunting I would urge you to check it out.
I've had three scopes on my 300PRC. Leupold (moved), Nightforce NXS (sold) and the Trijicon
I bedded the Trijicon for life.

I agree! All my deer and elk have been taken sub 200 yards. It makes justifying a $1200 rifle scope that much more difficult. But.. is it better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.
My longest shot i have taken so far is 280yrds with a 3x9x40. I passed on a shot at about 450 though because at the time I onlybhad that 3x9 on a rifle I didn't feel confident in making that shot with. Had I had more glass and more time on that rifle I would have taken that 450yrd shot. If I had a couple of my current rifles I think I would have killed an elk that year instead of eating tag soup.

That hunt is when I decided some higher power nicer scopes were a must and started actively working on upgrading most of my glass. I don't have baller glass, but most everything now wears something way better than most of the Tasco, Simmons, and Bushnell I inherited.