"Best of the West" Rifles?

DocGlenn

\"Best of the West\" Rifles?

I've just finished watching all the videos and was wondering if the rifle/scope combo they use is commercially available? Seems like a "practicle" long range hunting set-up, and I'm not really a gunsmith with the ability to create it myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Re: \"Best of the West\" Rifles?

BTW, I'm not really stuck on this particular rifle, but it does seem like a well thought out "combo unit" as opposed to some of the other rifles I've seen that seem to be too heavy for carrying up and down mountains in search of sheep or goats. If anyone knows of any other rifle makers that could provide that type of long range hunting set-up, I'd like to hear from you also. Thanks again.

Check out Kirby Allen(FiftyDriver)'s Extreme Sporter Rifles. He can chamber them in **** near anything but his Allen Magnums are otherwordly!!! i shoot the 270AM myself and just yesterday I landed several shots within a inch of pdogs out to 1650yds or more. The 7mmAM he makes very well maybe one of them greatest long range calibers ever developed
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am probably a little bit biased but the dude builds a hell of a gun, and he can make them heavy or lite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

good luck
steve

DocGlenn,

I was under the impression John Burns is/was thinking about building those rifles for customers, I would contact him and ask.

Any number of gunsmiths could copy that rifle design. My pick would be G.A. Precision (www.gaprecision.net) .

After watching the videos and looking at the photos I have a good idea of the components of his rife. I can post/e-mail you what I know if you like.

I sent an e-mail through Burns web-site and still haven't gotten a reply. I would be interested to know what you think the componets are. It looks like a Remington action, McMillan A-3 stock with bipod lug attached, Leupold 4.5-14 Mark 4, don't know about the barrel.

BTW, does anyone know what the weight of the McMillan A-3 stock is? I didn't see it anywhere on there website. Thanks.

DocGlenn,

I believe that the McMillan stock weights vary not just with model but also with material choice and fill as well.

Carl

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.