Best Mechanical 100 Grain Broadhead for Ravin R10 Crossbow

rangerman

I just purchased a new Ravin R10 crossbow and am extremely happy with it so far. After sight-in at 20 yards I shot it at 50, 80, and 100 yards. Couldn't believe I actually shot a 1.5 inch group (3 bolts) at 100 yards! I did cheat some as I was using my rifle bipod, rear support bag, and portable bench I use for long range rifle shooting. Now, I am wanting to purchase some mechanical broadheads for deer hunting that will shoot as close to the accuracy of the 100 grain target tips that I have sighted my bow in with. Granted I will need to verify accuracy with actual shooting the broadheads before going afield. What 100 grain mechanical broadhead would you suggest?
Thanks in advance.

100gr Rage Hypodeemic crossbow no collar. Not what you have but work really well in my Excalibur 400 Suppresser TD. Fly well and kill well. In my use it kills better than Swacher 100 and shoot same POI as field point
This is exactly what I use with my Tenpoint Viper S 400. They are very effective. I've taken deer out to 70 yards with a pass through and only went 20 yards, lots of damage and blood trail.

I'll be the odd man out. Haven't had good luck with any rage. But the old nap spitfires have been good to me. Nap killzones fly but penetrate poorly. I usually get a pass through but hanging out the other side. Good for arrow recovery depending on how they fall. Fwiw I hunt on the ground mostly here in the nc mountains, backpack style. The slower/poorer exit helps me more than it hurts.

I wouldn't recommend any mechanical for anything bigger than a turkey.
I've never had issues with a mechanical. Never had one fail, not seen one fail. Where people run into issues is too light of a arrow/draw and too much cut. I've been running a 2in 2 blade for the past 7 seasons (previously a 3 blade and before that 3 blade fixed blade)and I've had great luck. I've lost 1 deer with a bow and that was a shoulder hit on a doe when I was still learning alot about arrow weight,speed, etc. Put it where it belongs and it will work just fine.