Best lightweight rear shooting bag

99% Of the time I am in the field with my Exo pack. Inside, I strategically place a down coat that works well as a rear bag rest most of the time, as long as I am not wearing it. I practice this way quite a bit and have used it out to about 670 yards on elk. It is obviously not as solid and as versatile as a nice rear bag. The rigid pack frame also works well as a rest if it is positioned vertically (for sitting close range shots) if needed.

I am tagging in to see what works for others as I have often asked myself the same question.

99% Of the time I am in the field with my Exo pack. Inside, I strategically place a down coat that works well as a rear bag rest most of the time, as long as I am not wearing it. I practice this way quite a bit and have used it out to about 670 yards on elk. It is obviously not as solid and as versatile as a nice rear bag. The rigid pack frame also works well as a rest if it is positioned vertically (for sitting close range shots) if needed.

I am tagging in to see what works for others as I have often asked myself the same question.
I've tried balling a coat up and my exo as well. I feel like there has to be a better solution

I have a lightweight leather rear bag that works well. Fill is Git-Lite

IMG_5654.jpegIMG_5653.jpeg

Check out Warhorse Development - Clede waxed bag, with Git-Lite fill. I have one and run it in NRL hunter matches, and love it. It's usually best to call them as sometimes all options aren't listed online.

I use this one - hang it off my belt loop with lightweight snap link. I shot a mule deer off a large rock like a PRS stage one year, used it for rear support for a long shot off bipod on antelope next year.

I also have an original Armageddon Gear Game Changer full size that i poured out the sand and replace with "git-lite" I keep in the truck just in case.

This:
filled with this:

the polypro is super, super light light but tough to handle due to susceptibility to static. I had to wash it down with water and allow it to air dry before it would pour from a container. Weight is less than 0.3 # bag and fill.

One of these bags filled with a beanie and extra socks or game bags works well and it's already stuff I carry in the field not perfect but I fry not to carry more than I have to

Attachments

• IMG_2262.jpeg
    IMG_2262.jpeg
    989.9 KB · Views: 151