Best eye box

Gpkhill2

Ok what scopes in the 3-20 power range has the best eye box. Currently using a Zeiss V4 4-16. Love the clarity and the tracking and zero stop. But above 10x the eye box is not good. I really struggle shooting prone at 1000 plus with the eye box

I can't give you a concrete recommendation for a specific scope.

However, a general recommendation is that the larger the ratio objective diameter : magnification in use is, the larger the exit pupil ➔ and that usually results in a larger eye box.

So, a 4-16x50 has a larger exit pupil (at 16x) than a 4-16x44.
(Calculation: 50mm : 16 = 3.1mm —vs.— 44mm : 16 = 2.75mm)

Maybe a scope with a 6-24x56mm objective will do the trick for you, when you use it at only 20x or 16x.

Cheers,
Matthias

Last edited:
The eye box is really important to me. Not so much when shooting off a perfectly set up bench, but my old body doesn't contort like it used to in field positions. Maybe it is also a combination of fear of getting scope eye when shooting prone. I never had any issues when shooting higher end Leupolds, but struggling a bit with Zeiss.

The eye box is really important to me. Not so much when shooting off a perfectly set up bench, but my old body doesn't contort like it used to in field positions. Maybe it is also a combination of fear of getting scope eye when shooting prone. I never had any issues when shooting higher end Leupolds, but struggling a bit with Zeiss.
I have a VX3LR 4.5-14x50 that I get along with well. So I'm definitely going to look at the Mark5

Ok what scopes in the 3-20 power range has the best eye box. Currently using a Zeiss V4 4-16. Love the clarity and the tracking and zero stop. But above 10x the eye box is not good. I really struggle shooting prone at 1000 plus with the eye box
I haven't used one personally but I'm hearing good things from competition shooters about the Burris XTR3.
Here's a killer deal, also available in moa
https://www.eurooptic.com/Burris-Xt...m-Non-Illum-SCR-MIL-XT-100-MAD-Windage-M.aspx

Recent Posts