Best compromise for 243 and 3006

Lonewolf74

I have a cousin that thinks he wants to get into hand loading so I'm gonna show him the basics over the next couple weeks.

To start with he will be hand loading for 243 Winchester and good 'ol 3006, both in average hunting weight bullets.

I think H4350 will be a solid choice for both applications but would like to hear what other's thoughts are and if you had to choose one powder for both cartridges, which would you choose?

I have a cousin that thinks he wants to get into hand loading so I'm gonna show him the basics over the next couple weeks.

To start with he will be hand loading for 243 Winchester and good 'ol 3006, both in average hunting weight bullets.

I think H4350 will be a solid choice for both applications but would like to hear what other's thoughts are and if you had to choose one powder for both cartridges, which would you choose?
To me, it depends on bullet brand, type, weight, construction, etc…, what bullet/powder combination that each rifle like to shoot.

Remember, there is IMR 4350 and H4350. I would opt for H4350 for jacketed bullets and IMR 4350 for cast bullets. Let the discussions begin.
deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

I appreciate the help so far guy's.

I will have to get more detailed once we talk some more and I figure out exactly what he wants to shoot.

I'm assuming 90-100 grain bullets in the 243 and 150-175 grain bullets in 30-06.

I have actually had really good luck reloading for both using Win 760. I'm shooting 87 grain bullets in the 243, and 150 grain bullets out of my 30-06. Gives you another option for both rifles.