Imr 4007ssc for 3006

James Kiser

I just picked up some of this powder today for my 3006. My reloading books don't have a lot of info on this powder, I've heard it's got a similar burn rate of 4350. I plan on shooting 180-220gr bullets out of it. What do y'all recommend?

Go to the Hodgdon web site they have data for bullets 125 grains up to 200+. You should find something that will work for you. It looks like 4007 ssc can be use for different bullet weights, but may not be the best for any one bullet weight.

I use rl-22 at 60 grains for both the 180's and 165's Hornady interlock and interbond. Shoots like a hot ****.
This is right out of Richard Lees loading manual.gun)
This is the only load listed, no min nor max load!

also i have CCI 250 Large Rifle Mag primers, would those work in a 30-06 brass or would the standard CCI 250 be better? These are the only primers that i can find anywhere.

using a mag primer can raise velocity, pressure, and extreme spread. i use standard primers in my 30-06s.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.